Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
can wait until this hack is rolling. I wonder when will they truly release. Im sure the cpu of the 3DS is preaty strong to run android plus the memory is fast enough. Meybe i wouldnt put too much faith in it but I would like to see.

Sightlight..

Look. I know you're excited, but here's one thing to note.

The 3DS has a dual core 268MHz ARM11. The G1/HTC Dream, the FIRST marketed Phone that ran Android 1.0, had a 528MHz ARM11. The MINIMUM required CPU speed for Ice Cream Sandwich and up is 1GHz.

You might be able to hack it to be able to run in some barebones commandline level aspect, but the usability is absolutely NOTHING like you are thinking you'd be able to do. You're not gonna run Dead Trigger on that thing.

I noticed you also referenced the OUYA at one point; That device has a Quad-core 1.6GHz Tegra3 ARM9, which is overclockable (as others with approximately specced Tegra3 devices have tried) to somewhere in the range of 2GHz without cooling, and thanks to the additional cooling fan in the unit, could most likely break the 2.5-3GHz barrier.

You also mentioned COD? you've misread. One of the former lead developers at Infinity Ward, Robert Bowling, Is creating an episodic prequel game in the leadup to a title Slated for release in 2015 called Human Element.

in other words, the 3DS won't run Android. No way, No how. Developing titles directly for the 3DS, however, is another story.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I confused, what language is this supposed to be? Most languages I am familiar with require a character such as a semi-colon [;] after a function is called.

I'm personally familiar with Java and C#, but I just decided to make a generic print thing

If it helps

Here's Java
Code:
System.out.println("Hello World!");
C#
Code:
Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");
Here's some proper C while we're at it
Code:
printf("Hello World!");

There. That should properly remedy the lack of coding in this thread.

/endofftopic

printf("The purpose of this post is merely to inject some coding into this thread in reply to tysonrss' post.");

On an on-topic note, this specific hack will probably never see the light of day, at least in the way it's been done currently. If it does get released, it'll be all polished and stuff. Still, from what I understand, this hack is being used to help in finding more hacks, essentially, and mapping out the internals of the 3DS.

It is at this point that I will once again bring up the 3DS decapping fundraiser. It may have been hacked, but a decap will really help them haxx0rs. C'mon guys, only about $1100 more to go!

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If piracy comes out, you'll easily have access to every 3DS game making it less desirable to actually play knowing you can play it whenever with no restrictions. Piracy will inevitably kill the fun out of me purchasing and playing 3DS games, so I'm hoping it's staying strictly homebrew.
I easily have access to every 3DS game out there since I've got the money for it. Doesnt make it less desirable because I can buy and play every game out there. Since I bought the game I can play it whenever and wherever I please since it's MINE. Also, how will piracy kill the fun of purchasing a 3DS game for you? It's your choice to do whatever you want, you don't want to pirate? Ok, go buy your games at the store like everyone else who buys games. There is no need to force your beliefs onto other people. You are no better than those religious nuts who go around spreading "the word" trying to get followers while belittling other religions.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh cmon gamer765 dont be so angry. Ill donate something later. As for C language to program for the 3ds im going to have to go to youtube and learn some. If there were some program or something to help you learn faster but i just dont know. Is there a trick to it? Learning how to program like a expert would be so bad ass. There should be a way to rock and roll C programing.

Im exited for this hack, but like people have said it probably wont be right now.
thanks for reply.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can wait until this hack is rolling. I wonder when will they truly release. Im sure the cpu of the 3DS is preaty strong to run android plus the memory is fast enough. Meybe i wouldnt put too much faith in it but I would like to see.

anyone here know a fast way to learn C language?
My way certainly isn't the fast way but I'm taking a visual C++ class next year in high school.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh cmon gamer765 dont be so angry. Ill donate something later. As for C language to program for the 3ds im going to have to go to youtube and learn some. If there were some program or something to help you learn faster but i just dont know. Is there a trick to it? Learning how to program like a expert would be so bad ass. There should be a way to rock and roll C programing.

Im exited for this hack, but like people have said it probably wont be right now.
thanks for reply.
If we were talking about Objective-C (primary C lang in OS X, where I'm from) i'd recommend the Programming in Objective-C book by Stephen Kochan, but it looks like he also has a book on C, Programming in C although it's not exactly up to date compared to the Objective-C book. Stephen Kochan makes it really easy to learn the language.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
People like you sicken me - you just basically admitted the only thing you care about from this is piracy.
I mean, yeah, it's inevitable to happen if homebrew gets released, but having the mindset of pirating isn't something I enjoy.
It's not really pirating as he will be buying the game afters that he likes. Bit like Steam demos.

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like you sicken me - you just basically admitted the only thing you care about from this is piracy.
I mean, yeah, it's inevitable to happen if homebrew gets released, but having the mindset of pirating isn't something I enjoy.
Fuck you.

What's the difference? You want homebrew, others want piracy. If anything I see homebrew being irrelevent for the 3DS since it has many features that homebrew is capable of producing, with the exception of emulators, I see no point in homebrew. Who the heck actually plays shitty ass homebrew games?

Stop sucking and wake up to reality. Piracy is the template of console hacking.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i was thinking it , uhmm do you think that we will need something to hack our 3ds, for example a flash card ?. I read this post hehe not all my english sucks but , some people said that probably we will need somthing.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is starwars 3 which I have to say the game is very poorly made.. they did a nasty job coding it. Bug are actully there to do wrong. They intentionally coded secure bugs. but neimod crack the heck betwen bugs

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Not judging anyone but I do have to say that it comes off as hypocritical that the community is so proud of cracking the limitations made by Nintendo until they get what they want and then imposing new limitations on others. They didn't like it when it was done to them but they'll do it to someone else instead of leaving it up to the users to decide what's best. It's kind of condescending, don't you think?

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not judging anyone but I do have to say that it comes off as hypocritical that the community is so proud of cracking the limitations made by Nintendo until they get what they want and then imposing new limitations on others. They didn't like it when it was done to them but they'll do it to someone else instead of leaving it up to the users to decide what's best. It's kind of condescending, don't you think?
Kinda redundant if you ask me, you're correct here. There is no sense in what is being displayed by the higher ups. They think they can rule us with an iron fist.

Reactions: Chaossaturn and hhs

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nintendo always limit his consoles , one of it was wii. The chanel of you tube was released like 3 or 2 months ago and the will was a lot of time on the market. Now watch the Nintendo 3DS , it has a chanel to netflix but not for you tube WTF is that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo