Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-185407

It's not like anyone is demanding they make the system easily pirate-able. It's that they are deliberately putting in extra work to prevent it. That's like climbing a ladder and kicking the guy behind you off.

The irony here is brutal. Then you go into what you want and don't stop for a second to label me as selfish for saying it's hypocritical to unlock a door take what you want and then lock it again and insult the next person who had a slightly different but largely similar intention.

You're insulting the person for putting in effort to save the platform. If you have no intentions to pirate, you should be grateful to the hacker for being concerned about the future of the platform. It's selfish and highly disrespectful to call them hypocrites for putting the needs of the content creators before their own needs.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
i was on the e shop of USA and i watched the prices and there was a lot of difference . on Mexico one game is about of 67 dolars and USA is about 47 dolars =/

Yeah, in Colombia, a $40 USD game is around $60 USD, and the income per year of a person is really low.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
It's selfish and highly disrespectful to call them hypocrites for putting the needs of the content creators before their own needs.
They're not putting the creators' needs before their own. They're putting the content creators' needs before pirates' but they still get what they want first and foremost. That's fact. It's not an insult for calling out the truth even if it's inconvenient. I'm not saying they're bad people but it's not a consistent position.

Reactions: Chaossaturn
D

Deleted-185407

They're not. They're putting the content creators' needs before pirates' but they still get what they want first and foremost. That's fact. It's not an insult for calling out the truth even if it's inconvenient. I'm not saying they're bad people but it's not a consistent position.

Their position is that they want to be able to run their own software on hardware they own, while at the same time trying to minimise any potential damage to the platform. That's pretty much the goal of console hackers, and that's what they've accomplished here.

How is that not consistent? They never said their position was to fully open a platform.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
They're putting the content creators' needs before pirates' but they still get what they want first and foremost.

I.. don't see where the issue is with that? They're the ones going through the effort of finding and developing the hacks, they're the ones who should have the say in what that exploit is and is not capable of. They have no obligation to make it completely open.

Besides, allowing homebrew and allowing piracy aren't really 1-to-1 comparable; one's illegal, the other isn't.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
@vappy
There wouldn't be anything wrong with that on it's own. I was correcting something Peps said that they were being altruistic to the content creators by breaking into their house and standing guard against others doing the same.

@peps
I don't think you understand what I'm saying fully. I of course don't have any problem with them not putting in extra effort to crack it for everyone for all purposes. If any extra requirement was necessary and they didn't care about pirating then "screw it. Not my problem and I don't even want it." That's fine! Being judgmental about people who do want it... less fine but still okay. What isn't cool is putting in extra effort to roadblock people who don't want what you want.

The only hypocrisy I'm claiming is breaking into someone's "house" and fancying yourself to be it's protector.

Reactions: Chaossaturn

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a good reason for region locking a system. Did Nintendo ever say why they region locked the 3DS, and other consoles for that matter? I can see why region-lock and homebrew could lead a person to hacking a particular system.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo Europe requested the region lock because they didn't want Europeans importing cheaper American cartridges.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worse than a douche thing to do. Really all it does is prove whoever buys a 3DS is Nintendos bitch until someone actually makes it possible to write code for the console they bought.
That's one the reasons I had a 3DS at first, I wanted it to wait until it became region free, but one thing lead to another and, well, I sold my 3DS.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the purpose of flashcarts, one reason is companies will benefit off others work which is unfair to the actual finders of the exploit. A custom firmware would suffice
flashcarts don't permanently wreck your system, and you can eventually sell your system to someone who doesn't want to have to deal with the hassles of such things.

And companies have been benefiting from others' work for centuries. They aren't about to change.

nextnomura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
cool, I really excited when read this thread, especially for playing japanese game. I don't mind to buy the original game but I want to play Japanese game and I want this hack to be a great chance for me to play those Japanese games. I hope they release something to make the 3ds region free.
i'm just saying what I want to say btw :)
:grog:

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Is there a trick to it? Learning how to program like a expert would be so bad ass. There should be a way to rock and roll C programing.

There is no short cut. If you want to accomplish anything in life you need to put in time and effort. It will take months of studying and practice to be able to write anything decent in any language, if you've never programmed before. It's up to you to decide if you want to spend your time pursuing your goals to program, or you want to put your efforts into something else.

But you need to slow down. Going in all gins blazing expecting to be able to produce anything meaningful after a few hours/day you'll be disappointed. That goes for pretty much anything in life.

Reactions: rondoh70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1