Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey dudes, I run the Hack Compilations thread and I'm changing it a bit this weekend. Since no one understands the basics of how the 3DS works (including me since Androids work really differently from this), if you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could send me info about it on Twitter or even better Google Docs. I'll post it in the compilations thread so that everyone can read it at the top. I'm talking about stuff like how the boot loader works btw. Thx. :)
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

Pretty much all publicly known information is there.

Otase

Trophies
XP
Country
Actualy i heard this hack might be risky on European 3DS, reason why that person imported an US 3DS.
Will wait for anyone to confirm that definitly.

tw18ggyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
is there anything from this hacking team? wonder if jail break on iphone is more difficult than hacking 3ds for these hackers...

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anything from this hacking team? wonder if jail break on iphone is more difficult than hacking 3ds for these hackers...
Define harder, you really just need a flash cart plus a DS lite/ phat, or a dongle to load a save file. Actually installing it when you get the hardware will probably be pretty easy since most of the research and hard work is already done for us future hobbyists/reverse engineers/ leeches. You really should just look at the stickies for info and 3dbrew, not this thread. This thread is going downhill (farther than I thought it could).

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Define harder, you really just need a flash cart plus a DS lite/ phat, or a dongle to load a save file. Actually installing it when you get the hardware will probably be pretty easy since most of the research and hard work is already done for us future hobbyists/reverse engineers/ leeches. You really should just look at the stickies for info and 3dbrew, not this thread. This thread is going downhill (farther than I thought it could).

As much as I agree to this, I always wince when I see new people register on the wiki. It usually coincides with posts like this. ]:

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i think he was talking about how hard it is to crack for the actual hackers, not for the end user. the fact that the iphone 5 was hacked in about 6 months and the 3ds still hasn't been hacked in about 2 years is somewhat telling to the answer of his question. (i mean, obviously there are variables, such as how many people are working on the hack etc., but still) (and when i say hacked in this context, i mean hacked to completion with the hack being released to end users)

i don't think there is any question about if this will be easier than an iphone jailbreak for an end user (it won't be. nothing is easier than "connect usb cable, hit jailbreak button")

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't think there is any question about if this will be easier than an iphone jailbreak for an end user (it won't be. nothing is easier than "connect usb cable, hit jailbreak button")
Some things are easier than that. For example, just plugging in a USB cable, and not hitting a button. Or browsing to a webpage on the device itself (as has happened for several iOS jailbreaks in the past).

[I am not saying this has anything to do with the 3DS, my point is simply that there are easier things :ninja: ]

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard my self fart 97 pages ago :grog:

Every body just forgot about decapping fundraiser , IF we decappe the 3DS chip we will have a flash cart in the next year or so. So why don't all of us just share some ov that $$ you save so you can save more on games.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the hack set-up/UI is really un-user friendly and gets little media coverage so that potential devs can continue to make cool stuff and some Pokemon pirate kiddies can be driven off.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope the hack set-up/UI is really un-user friendly
Ideas
  • Require a shortcut key to be pressed (with no prompt), and put the key in the readme file.
    • Better yet, have the key combo be randomly-generated, and the download script modifies the readme to put the right key combo in it.
      • For bonus points, make the readme have no file extension.

• Require the self-extractor program to be run as root (write a 1-byte file to a protected directory and then delete it), and under WINE (detect some small inconsistency in the faked registry) with Windows 95 compatibility set (hardcode the check for the version).

• Have it come in two parts. The first part goes on the 3DS and runs in user-mode and it's only purpose is to write the full-on exploit files to the storage. The second part is run on a PC and is set to send the final files to the 3DS. Said final files shall be modified with info gathered from the 3DS, and the communication shall be done by inputting the right local network info (IP, subnet, default gateway), and it shall be tested by pinging google's DNS (8.8.8.8) to make sure they actually put it in right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    No Skin Flute Shall Go Unblown :teach:
    +2
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But it's a dead end