Bawwwww_bunny.jpg

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
'ha yellows8!!!

This is legit as you can get if that's the author. I wonder what the limitations are and how much control or resources they can access.

Subzero100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what if it is hacked what good roms do they even have worth download asides from the actual games that everyone else has?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Reactions: SifJar

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is this still open? The 3D light is off, the text is on the bottom screen - 'das DS Mode, bro's. I can "Hack" a 3DS like THAT myself.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless it shows actual 3DS Mode features or goes full screen on the top screen, I ain't buying it.
Not so easy. ;)

Code:
<yellows8> and the 3D LED is disabled, because that text was displayed by patching text in errdisp, then triggering an error. could try to figure out where in errdisp the LED is disabled however.
<yellows8> it's still unknown how to use the gfx service to display anything.

So there's your answer about why the 3D LED is off. (Also, not being able to use gfx service = no graphics, text only). Something else that may of interest:

Code:
<yellows8> my 3ds in that pic has the *latest* system version installed.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'ha yellows8!!!

This is legit as you can get if that's the author. I wonder what the limitations are and how much control or resources they can access.

Code:
<yellows8> and the 3D LED is disabled, because that text was displayed by patching text in errdisp, then triggering an error. could try to figure out where in errdisp the LED is disabled however.
<yellows8> it's still unknown how to use the gfx service to display anything.

If that's true then they should have access to modify/patch system processes because errdisp is a system process and it's supposedly patched. That would also explain why the text is on the bottom screen instead of the top. (errdisp shows messages like "An error has occurred, the system needs shutdown" which is on the bottom screen)

I do know that initialising the graphics isn't super easy after playing with some tools for my dev units (even if you've got the right permission to initialise graphics there's a specific way to start it) so I can understand the graphics service part.

Of course, faking an IRC quote is quite easy. Not to mention making such a screen in DS mode on the 3DS wouldn't be hard. I'm not saying it's fake, but it's difficult to guarantee it's real with just the current evidence.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, well, I can make up a bullshit reason why something doesn't show up with "my hack" too, which doesn't mean that I'm telling the truth. I'm going to wait until said service is available which will be definite proof to me.
So, this guy is willing to risk his reputation after he has done so much on the DS scene( now 3DS scene), yeah, errr no. I believe him, it's your choice if you require further proof and I don't blame you. I personally don't need any if this guy is the real deal.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, this guy is willing to risk his reputation after he has done so much on the DS scene( now 3DS scene), yeah, errr no. I believe him, it's your choice if you require further proof and I don't blame you. I personally don't need any if this guy is the real deal.
What reputation? Never in my life have I heard of a guy named yellow8 - what contributions are you talking about? ;)

In any case, I'm not saying this is fake - you're getting me wrong. I'm just waiting for definite proof that this goes somewhere. PROVIDED this is in fact true, it's an error code edit - it doesn't explicitly imply any hardware access. For starters, the 3D light isn't blinking, so there's a good chance that feature isn't supported in this "mode". What if the hack doesn't give you much programming space, even if it "works"? Think about that for a moment. ;)

My point is, let's NOT get overly excited - this is great news if true, if not, go along, but if it doesn't go anywhere, you'll be disappointed later on. Patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...