Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoolmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious, say this is real, roughly how long would it take before we have homebrew running on the system?

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, say this is real, roughly how long would it take before we have homebrew running on the system?
No one could give an estimation, but if I had to, I'd say 3 years just so you don't get your hopes up. No one can predict the future, and think of any estimation as the end of the world, do you really think the world will end on the 21st?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to add to that, here's me running Colors! 3D. It's 3D software, but with what is displayed on the top screen, the 3D light is off, even though my slider is up all the way.

PK8YY.jpg
So for everyone claiming it's fake because the 3D Light isn't on, here's proof it doesn't have to be.

Anyways, it's exciting to see this system being hacked, but if it leads to piracy, the system is going to die real fast imo.

Mother of god. Never eat Cheetohs and then play your 3DS. Never.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one could give an estimation, but if I had to, I'd say 3 years just so you don't get your hopes up. No one can predict the future, and think of any estimation as the end of the world, do you really think the world will end on the 21st?
Well, if he does and the world Doesn't end, i am taking bets for the person who can say "I told you so!" the most.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Anyways, it's exciting to see this system being hacked, but if it leads to piracy, the system is going to die real fast imo.

yeah and that's why the original DS sold 153 million units and was rampant with piracy ¬_¬, that anti piracy argument is so old man.

and yeah please clean your system, that shit is nasty (stop using your system in the bathroom)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Code:
<yellows8> and the 3D LED is disabled, because that text was displayed by patching text in errdisp, then triggering an error. could try to figure out where in errdisp the LED is disabled however.
<yellows8> it's still unknown how to use the gfx service to display anything.

So there's your answer about why the 3D LED is off. (Also, not being able to use gfx service = no graphics, text only). Something else that may of interest:

Code:
<yellows8> my 3ds in that pic has the *latest* system version installed.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
for me the region lock must go away so if a region lock dies with the hack i will buy it ,there are so many games that i cant import cause i have no japanese 3ds (terrys wonderland and some other) that i dont believee that they will localise .
and homebrew will be a nice addition full gba support or mame games
i quess a man can dreams :) xexe

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I still not believe in this,
i have seen many time the same "I HACKED IT" in this forums.

Reactions: Pluupy

loco365

Trophies
XP
Code:
<yellows8> and the 3D LED is disabled, because that text was displayed by patching text in errdisp, then triggering an error. could try to figure out where in errdisp the LED is disabled however.
<yellows8> it's still unknown how to use the gfx service to display anything.

So there's your answer about why the 3D LED is off. (Also, not being able to use gfx service = no graphics, text only). Something else that may of interest:

Code:
<yellows8> my 3ds in that pic has the *latest* system version installed.
That's why. I see. So I presume the text is using one of the fonts that is displayed in the errdisp handler?
Why is a system update an issue if the 3DS is hacked?
:/
I see what point you raise. One can do just what was did with the Wii - Block system updates in games and in the shop - if the hack gets that far.

Reactions: MegaBassBX

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been one and a half years since the 3DS was released. I wouldn't believe that people still think it's funny to start another fake 3DS hacked rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66