Hacking 3ds.guide complete.. Can i use this old save?

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
When i used my gateway i never ran roms off of the cart i just used emunand and CIAs. I have a directory on my PC where i dumped everything (just copy paste) from an old SD card i was using for that (the one that goes in the 3DS not the gateway). So, i have everything set up after following the 3ds.guide and have installed some CIA games.

Is there anyway i can take my saves from a couple Zelda/Mario games from my old "gateway" SD card "backup" and use it with my new setup? No big deal if i can't. But would be cool if i could :D

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know lol.. Most of this stuff is way over my head. They are games i ran after installing CIAs to my emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The folder looks like this.

ornzmHL.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u have to use the gateway cart to mount the game to extract the saves since they're encrypted. it's not difficult to do, but u do need the cart if u still have it. also, gateway doesn't work with the latest a9lh version afaik, and it currently doesn't work with the latest firmware either. u can downgrade the firmware and install a9lh v1 to use with gateway, then install the latest a9lh and update to the latest firmware with a9lh. I converted all of my games when I moved on from gateway. works perfectly. good luck!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe one day gateway will update their arm9loaderhax.bin. they might update the launcher.dat to fix the patched 11.3.0-36 block though. however, since they've become so irrelevant, they probably don't care so much.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
When i used my gateway i never ran roms off of the cart i just used emunand and CIAs. I have a directory on my PC where i dumped everything (just copy paste) from an old SD card i was using for that (the one that goes in the 3DS not the gateway). So, i have everything set up after following the 3ds.guide and have installed some CIA games.

Is there anyway i can take my saves from a couple Zelda/Mario games from my old "gateway" SD card "backup" and use it with my new setup? No big deal if i can't. But would be cool if i could :D

https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ Guide, credits to @MattKimura

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
hmm.. those might be from forever ago when i ran some games off the card. Is there a place in the Nintendo 3DS dir that might have enumand saves? Just thinking outloud lol.. i have no idea about most of this stuff. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the saves should be in the Nintendo 3DS folder. if the NANDs r linked, u'll probably have just one alphanumeric folder name. where? I'm not sure which folder saves r located in. it sounds like ur NANDs were unlinked at some point which is y u can't use the saves in sysNAND. I have no experience with converting saves from emuNAND to sysNAND though, so this is mostly speculation. someone else should know for sure.

Troyjoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I see you have more than one alphanumeric code and I’m new to hacking. The tutorial I’m looking at says you should have one. I see yours looks like mine. What did you do and which did you pick?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oof, now that was a wild necro.
Hey there. I see you have more than one alphanumeric code and I’m new to hacking. The tutorial I’m looking at says you should have one. I see yours looks like mine. What did you do and which did you pick?
If you just check each of the folders you'll see that one is basically useless with only a few files/folders in it and the other one is huge, the "real" one you're looking for. Also, not hacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse