ROM Hack 3DS games mods?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So i hear mods for that mods for this..mods for zelda botw, mods for dolphin, texture packs, 60fps patches..... it seems every console game has its mods for something!
How about 3DS games, does someone mod 3DS games and are there any 3DS mods out there??

For example i want 60FPS mod for samus returns and some texture pack for certain 3DS games or some cheats whatever...

I never heard of any for the 3DS.

And do i need real 3DS for that or Citra?

By the way i god hacked 3DS if youre wandering...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i hear mods for that mods for this..mods for zelda botw, mods for dolphin, texture packs, 60fps patches..... it seems every console game has its mods for something!
How about 3DS games, does someone mod 3DS games and are there any 3DS mods out there??

For example i want 60FPS mod for samus returns and some texture pack for certain 3DS games or some cheats whatever...

I never heard of any for the 3DS.

And do i need real 3DS for that or Citra?

By the way i god hacked 3DS if youre wandering...
Usually for 3DS games you can get a FPS improvement just by enabling clock/clock+L2 overclock on n3DS/n2DS. The framerate is not locked.

Reactions: MetoMeto

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
…Does someone mod 3DS games and are there any 3DS mods out there?? For example i want 60FPS mod for samus returns and some texture pack for certain 3DS games or some cheats whatever...

Mods to 3DS games are possible, but there isn't a convenient database as for other consoles.

I use the English translation of EX Troopers (https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-release-ex-troopers-english-3ds.549958/) and a mod that improves Majora's Mask 3D to restore the Zora swimming modes and Deku scrub spin speed when bouncing over water to how they worked in the N64 version (https://github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration).

A quick google search suggests that there isn't a 60 FPS patch / cheat code for Samus Returns, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I have installed Zelda MM mod on my o3DS but that is it. The modding scene is so poor for 3DS it seems at first sight...

Well i also came to same conslusion by searching google, thats why i came here, perhaps someone knows better idk...

And thanks for links!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Usually for 3DS games you can get a FPS improvement just by enabling clock/clock+L2 overclock on n3DS/n2DS. The framerate is not locked.
I got o3DS, but regardless, even in CITRA its at 30fps, even though the fps meter shows 60fps, the game it seld looks choppy as 30fps game would....thats why i wanted to find a mod

Last edited by MetoMeto,

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
There is an excellent thread on here with true 60fps codes for a bunch of games. On an O3DS it won’t make much difference. On a N3DS or Cotra it makes a huge difference.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Last edited by MetoMeto,

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks~

No Metroid :(

And i remembered this game..metal gear for 3DS...it was so horrible regarding the framerate i considered it unplayable, like im using alpha version emulator on a windows XP from 2001....it was so bad! Its discrace that they ported that game like that. Vita version is ultimate portable version!
Another game that goes from terrible to great is "Aqua Moto Racing 3d" unplayable framerate, but overclocking is a world of difference

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks~

No Metroid :(

And i remembered this game..metal gear for 3DS...it was so horrible regarding the framerate i considered it unplayable, like im using alpha version emulator on a windows XP from 2001....it was so bad! Its discrace that they ported that game like that. Vita version is ultimate portable version!

Yes, the Metal Gear 3DS game has disappointing performance. The frame rate is stabilized if you overclock but it does not seem to go above 22-24 frames per second. It is a shame because this port has excellent quality of life improvements including a better control scheme, the ability to move while crouching, etc. all of which is missing from the Vita port.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yes, the Metal Gear 3DS game has disappointing performance. The frame rate is stabilized if you overclock but it does not seem to go above 22-24 frames per second. It is a shame because this port has excellent quality of life improvements including a better control scheme, the ability to move while crouching, etc. all of which is missing from the Vita port.

Im playing MGS3 right now on vita and it runs at constant 30fps 95% of the time, dropping to 28 for a split second and up to 30 again, with no slowdowns using overclock.
Even without overclock it runs at 30fps but i can feel like 5% slowdowns sometimes when there is much going on a screen but its not noticeable unless you compare it to overclocked version.

24fps is still really por. I my self can spot difference in frame instantly and am bothered by 30fps but it all depends on a game really. If its not fast paced like MGS is than its just OK, playable and it feels smooth, but if its fast paced game like sonic than it botheres me but i can go along with it...but 20-24 is really horrible and not to mention that its overheating the cpu of 3DS consuming power.

The game is just poorly optimized overall for 3DS. Idk what where they thinking...did they even tried it and ACTUALLY said "ok lets launch this its gonna sell like hot cakes" i mean..what?!

I remember back in the day installing a demo and deleted it and never even tried it ever again. I wasnt even mad..it sucks that much imo!

I mean i know 3DS games that look fenomenal and run at smooth 60 fps constantly like ssb for example, or games that to solid 30 (no pun intended) but unpatched MGS3 runs at visible stuttering and drops to freaking 11fps!!! constantly!!!

Live rendering cinematic scenes dont help it lol

As for the game it self...lol i was frustrated yesterday when i wanted to move while crouching and guards killed be because of that xD

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
if you mean cheats, install checkpoint, open it and select a game, select 'cheats', and press A to select a cheat or Y to select all. press B to go back and press A to save the cheat file. open your game and press L+Dpad Down+SELECT to open the rosalina menu and go to cheats and select a cheat to enable and press B twice to get back to your game. Now your cheat should be applied to the game. But you will have to do it again when you open your game again.

SilveosAlgentum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So 3ds can be moded, good. Because I was searching for a mod for MHXX or at least a program to maje them. And not a 60fps mod (because, for some strange reason, playing on 60fps makes me dizzy), I want a mod for more quests, new armor and new gear. I've been searching for almost 2 years in this page and nobody answered me.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Note: In my opinion translations just are translations,neither are mods or hacks. Some people confuse it naming english hacks or mods hacks the translations.

For me hacks are games than improve or change the original game,its ok if you say are mods ,because hack its similar to mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1