3DS gamers on twitter complaining about headaches?

D

Deleted User

Hop2089 said:
Amiti said:
It's Twitter. People complain about everything and anything no matter what.

Babies that need a bottle, they need to quit whining and use common sense. It's almost like they need Snookie to demonstrate how to turn the 3D off or turn the intensity down to a comfortable level.
That would awkward on so many levels XD

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
nebula91 said:
I wonder if they realize 3D doesn't always have to be turned on
glare.gif

I'm sure they do, but the whole selling point of the 3DS is the 3D.

This is why companies should NEVER do a "only 3D" type thing. I know Nintendo hasn't done it, but I'm just saying, 3D is a hit or miss. It fucks with people's visions. Not everybody is able to watch it with having no headaches afterwards.

This is why I thought adding 3D to the console was a stupid idea to begin with.
Yes, but there is other things for 3DS and for people who can see 3D or/and like 3D it isn't such a stupid idea.

And I'm sure some didn't even take the time to adjust it.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to keep in mind the fact that GBAtemp is full of nintendo fanboys, and most opinions posted here on the matter are going to be biased ones blindly defending the 3DS.

nintendo dun goofed up with the 3D. turning the 3D intensity down or off is not a solution. you paid for 3D, you should be able to use it without feeling sick or having headaches.
perhaps when the next 3DS model comes out (and you know it will, look how hideous the 3DS is), be it "3DS Lite" or whatever, they'll fix this problem.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
you have to keep in mind the fact that GBAtemp is full of nintendo fanboys, and most opinions posted here on the matter are going to be biased ones blindly defending the 3DS.

nintendo dun goofed up with the 3D. turning the 3D intensity down or off is not a solution. you paid for 3D, you should be able to use it without feeling sick or having headaches.
perhaps when the next 3DS model comes out (and you know it will, look how hideous the 3DS is), be it "3DS Lite" or whatever, they'll fix this problem.
That has nothing to do with. These posts are just using common sense.

You acting like people can't buy the 3DS for a different reason.

The 3DS doesn't even look bad.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be an issue throughout the 3DS's life, as the 3D will most likely affect everyone differently. Some people are bound to get headaches, and they're going to complain about it. The obvious solution for many people here will be to turn the 3D off and just enjoy the games, but that's not what the general population is buying the system for.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shabutie78 said:

And this is why people get headaches. If you use the slider, you do not weaken or enhance the 3d effect, you change the focal point. If you were to set it up correctly, in theory you should have no problems for quite a while. The only thing the 3d slider does is moving apart the left and right image, so you can adjust it according to the distance and to your eyes.

However, because I haven't used it (and you probably haven't either) we can't really give first-hand opinions. Another interesting thing I heard from a classmate is that you will get accustomed to the 3d effect after a while, thus you can play longer with 3d on. Once again, this is a baseless rumor, because I do not have a first-hand experience...

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Even with a 3D gimmick there are warnings to using the 3D. It's not like it's forced upon you and it's not a simple DS w/ 3D added. It has a number features implemented and on the way while at a graphical stand point it's also a big improvement.

I don't really care since it's only a handful of comments from twitter (which shouldn't affect anyone's decision....) but it's just simple minded for a majority of those people to be complaining about the 3D when it's not a feature you must have on and you've been warned from the start with it.

It's either you put the 3D depth to a comfortable setting or you turn it off all together and enjoy your system without that extra bit.
closedeyes.gif

(Just my opinion. Don't hurt me for it!)

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Shabutie78 said:

If Nintendo "dun goofed up" with the 3D, explain all the people who had not a single problem and love the 3D effect.
Wait, don't even try to, you can't.

Those twitter updates were most likely made by derptarded teenagers who turned the slider all the way up, just as they turn their music player's volume all the way up. One plays with your hearing, one plays with your sight. Both potentially can give you a headache.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
Shabutie78 said:

And this is why people get headaches. If you use the slider, you do not weaken or enhance the 3d effect, you change the focal point. If you were to set it up correctly, in theory you should have no problems for quite a while. The only thing the 3d slider does is moving apart the left and right image, so you can adjust it according to the distance and to your eyes.

However, because I haven't used it (and you probably haven't either) we can't really give first-hand opinions. Another interesting thing I heard from a classmate is that you will get accustomed to the 3d effect after a while, thus you can play longer with 3d on. Once again, this is a baseless rumor, because I do not have a first-hand experience...
I used it a couple days ago, and I can say that you're exactly right. When it's off, it's off, but the difference between off and low on the slider is like... 2D and 3D.
wink.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So far I don't feel any headache from the 3DS, just my eyes are a little tired but it's mostly because I worked much longer than a normal day at my job (web dev) so my eyes are probably tired from too much computing.
laugh.gif

I'll have a good night and try again tomorrow.

So far my experience with the 3D of the 3DS is good, but don't put the 3D cursor to the max if you can't handle it (I tried with pilotwings, on the jetpack tutorial were we start with the sun in our eyes I lost the 3D resulting in 2 pictures displayed, lowering the 3D cursor solved this).

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

no i'm not. the 3DS is called the 3DS for a reason. if the main new feature of the new generation of DSes causes headaches and/or nausea, and the only way to prevent them is to stop using the 3D, then this is definitely a failure from nintendo.

if you call nintendo support and say "hey, your 3D makes me feel sick wtfman?" and they say "then turn off the 3D." how is that a valid solution?
if i buy a 3DS to play games in 3D, which seems to be the main point of the 3DS, i want to be able to do so without feeling sick.
like i said, fanboys blindly defending the 3DS.

and yes, the 3DS is hideous. look at the DS phat and tell me you didn't think it was smexy when it came out. now look at the DSi XL and compare the two.
now just think about when the 2nd or 3rd 3DS models come out, you'll realize how ugly the 3DS is. the 3DS is ridiculous, it looks like nintendo intentionally fuglified it so they can come out with slimmer models in the future. but that's a different story. (and really, who cares? we'll all buy them anyway.)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People just exaggerate this stuff to make people paranoid about something.

I played it for a good amount of time with no problem, and people here said they played like 4 hours.

They just want to cause a scene over the smallest thing possible.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Shabutie78 said:

If Nintendo "dun goofed up" with the 3D, explain all the people who had not a single problem and love the 3D effect.
Wait, don't even try to, you can't.

Those twitter updates were most likely made by derptarded teenagers who turned the slider all the way up, just as they turn their music player's volume all the way up. One plays with your hearing, one plays with your sight. Both potentially can give you a headache.
Never thought of that, which is so true.

I wonder how many people complained about head/earphones.
laugh.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
KingVamp said:

no i'm not. the 3DS is called the 3DS for a reason. if the main new feature of the new generation of DSes causes headaches and/or nausea, and the only way to prevent them is to stop using the 3D, then this is definitely a failure from nintendo.

if you call nintendo support and say "hey, your 3D makes me feel sick wtfman?" and they say "then turn off the 3D." how is that a valid solution?
if i buy a 3DS to play games in 3D, which seems to be the main point of the 3DS, i want to be able to do so without feeling sick.
Iirc, Nintendo already stated that using 3D isn't going to be necessary for most games besides those published to utilize it and the other features. It did well as a great gimmick and marketing tool to promote their new product. It's just an an added feature to their MAIN feature... Which is being able to play games.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
derp because not everyones' eyes are the same derp?
derp some people can be susceptible to illnesses while others aren't derp.

QUOTEWait, don't even try to, you can't.
derp.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
KingVamp said:

It's already been answered. You adjust the depth slider to where it's comfortable on your eyes. As already stated, it doesn't decrease the 3D effect, it just changes the focal point. If people are getting headaches and whining, it's because they didn't bother learning how to properly use its features before turning it on. Also, you making up a conversation with Nintendo, then whining about the fake answer you pretended they gave, is sad.

jayrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was worried when people starting saying the felt dizzy/sick after play the 3DS for even short periods but ever since I've had it I've been playing with 3D on full and I haven't felt a twinge :|

These people must be pretty weak IMO
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi