Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

First of all I'll begin with saying that I'm not sure if I can post a subjct like that on this site, considering that most (if not all) of the people are posting flash card questions in the 3DS discussion.
However, because there are some 3DS hackers on this site, maybe someone knows the problem that I currently have.

Now, I've bought a 3DS capture card a week ago.
My 3DS worked perfectly before I sended it for instalation.
When I got it back, it started to have some issues.
I thought that it would solve itself.
But this problem kepped popping up :(
Now, this is what's happening; It can't boot up propperly, and I can't change some things in the Setting Channel. Like for example, adding/deleting a internet connection.
It is realy annoying, because I can't quickly turn on my 3DS, I have to wait 10min or so before it fully starts up. It's always random how long it takes to boot up...
Sometimes it takes 1min to start up, but sometimes a half hour...
You can indicate when it it's fully booted up by looking at the internet bar/ time bar on the upper part of the first screen. If that bar doesn't show up, then it's not fully booted up

Does anyone of you have this problem aswell? So yes, have you fixed the problem? Yes? Could you please tell me how you did it? :(

The games work perfectly after the 3DS is booted up (almost everything) but when I want to change something in the 3DS memory, then it freezes...

I've uploaded a video demostrating what the problems I currently came across are;

Thank you anyway <=)

D

Deleted User

Looks like the capture card has made your 3DS more sensitive regarding hardware faults. There can be numerous reasons why, but it looks like the capture card was not designed very good to avoid this problem.

I suggest removing the capture card

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
I would try contacting whoever you purchased the capture card from. They might know whether the hardware is at fault or if it was just installed incorrectly.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
My old 3ds got trapped under my body, playing while falling asleep several times. it started to artifact (boy was that weird, on a handheld.... who woulda thought) and then freeze occasionally.
I'm guessing I reflowed something from the heat (burning woke me up) or I simply overheated some thermal paste or pads under a sink and the bastards were gone, and now it was a fire-box.

Might not be that helpful to you, but as has been said, something is clearly wrong inside, likely by whoever installed the capture card. here's hoping they warranty their own work!

P

pasc

Looks like the capture card has made your 3DS more sensitive regarding hardware faults. There can be numerous reasons why, but it looks like the capture card was not designed very good to avoid this problem.

I suggest removing the capture card

The question is:
Where did you get that card installed ?

Neal (loopy) or that other solution ?

If it was loopy I suggest mailing him, he's really supportive about anything he produces/installs and is sure to help.

If you choose that other japanese solution:
Might be hard to get that one ironed out since they are perhaps hard to contact.

Good Luck either way.

(Make sure to try removing all SD Cards, Flashcards, 3DS Cards etc. and then start the 3DS. I once had a similar problem which prohibitioned me from entering the eShop, formatting the SD-Card helped)

Twilight13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the EXACT same problem! But the home screen is taking less longer to boot up but when I try to add a new internet connection it just freezes and I have to turn it off... But I never got a 3ds capture card it just happened after I played the 3ds for a while. But then I left it for a day and it still has these problems....

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having the EXACT same problem! But the home screen is taking less longer to boot up but when I try to add a new internet connection it just freezes and I have to turn it off... But I never got a 3ds capture card it just happened after I played the 3ds for a while. But then I left it for a day and it still has these problems....

You still have your warranty if you haven't done any modifications to it. Bring it back to your retailer.

Vert_ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Did you try by changing the SD card or format the console/sd ? or turn off the console by keep the power button pressed until goes off then turn on in the same way

XolifreX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey Guys,

Thank you for all the replies!
This is what currently is going on; the guy who installed my capture card (which is not Loopy but Tecd0c) is going to fix it.
He said that it's caused by the 3DS his Wifi Module. Loopy says the same.
Loopy was already faced this problem and was able to fix it. Tecd0c is going to contact him asking what the solution was, and then he'll fix it for me. (:
About the SD card; I already bought a new SD card, but the problem stayed the same. s:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1