Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
OK, let's try here this is probably a better thread for it.

Question: If I get a Japanese Pokemon game (my 3ds is american) can I dump the ROM and play the .3dz on my Gateway? Is there any way to "start" a file on a cart if you can't run it on your 3ds? I want to try to conserve the sav and not have it get corrupted. (I obviously want to try the Cyber Gadget save editor but I don't want to buy a new 3DS for it...) I don't think Gateway will let me play a Japanese Pokemon cart so this is my only idea I have left, lol.
wont work with gateway....cyber gadget needs the save to be using valid 6.x encryption....gateway does not offer this........only thing i can think is if smealum does indeed get region free with ssspwn, you would be able to do it via that as long as your 3ds is on 6.x+

....actually assuming gateway release this promised update....i would imagine they could also get valid 6.x encryption thrown in at the same time....which would also solve it for you,

so to sum it up i would wait a few weeks before buying another 3ds, you have a potential solution from 2 places that don't involve buying another 3ds

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK, let's try here this is probably a better thread for it.

Question: If I get a Japanese Pokemon game (my 3ds is american) can I dump the ROM and play the .3dz on my Gateway? Is there any way to "start" a file on a cart if you can't run it on your 3ds? I want to try to conserve the sav and not have it get corrupted. (I obviously want to try the Cyber Gadget save editor but I don't want to buy a new 3DS for it...) I don't think Gateway will let me play a Japanese Pokemon cart so this is my only idea I have left, lol.

No when you play pokemon which has a save made with a normal 3dson Gateway/Mt card the Save always is corrupted.
You cant use the save with cybergadget because Gateway saves have different encryption than the normal ones. If you want to use cybergadget without buying a japanesse 3ds there are only 4 options (I think).
1- Wait until Pkhex or somebody else hack Cybergadget and allow to use usa Saves
2- Wait and see if Cyber gadget supports usa saves in the future
3-Wait until someone realese a method to Cheat
4-Wait until gateway use the original encryption
Or
5-See if Datel allows to inject any pokemon in a near future

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question.

I ripped my own copies of Rhythm Thief and Project X Zone to run on my gateway 3DS; I also used the provided tools in 2.2 to rip the save files from the real card(s). Is there a way for me to convert these save files to be able to run them on my self-ripped ROM copies?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Question.

I ripped my own copies of Rhythm Thief and Project X Zone to run on my gateway 3DS; I also used the provided tools in 2.2 to rip the save files from the real card(s). Is there a way for me to convert these save files to be able to run them on my self-ripped ROM copies?

WAT. If you ripped the save then its there and should work. The save dumps to your SD like regular rom saves. It should work like a normal rom and save.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it doesn't.

And when I check the SD, it show the ripped saves are 128KB, while everything else is 512KB - including Pokemon X, apparently. Problem is, everything's in this weirdo numbering system so I can't make heads or tails of which save belongs to what.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Except it doesn't.

And when I check the SD, it show the ripped saves are 128KB, while everything else is 512KB - including Pokemon X, apparently. Problem is, everything's in this weirdo numbering system so I can't make heads or tails of which save belongs to what.
Dumped saves only work if they are 512kb, also the filenames are thebgames title I'd which can be found at
3ds.essh.co

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will any of the cards be updated to new firmawares anytime soon? If not, is there a way to backtrack versions on my 3DS? region-free sounds cool, no need to import anything. :)

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will any of the cards be updated to new firmawares anytime soon? If not, is there a way to backtrack versions on my 3DS? region-free sounds cool, no need to import anything. :)

The only firmware with a usable exploit for flashcarts is between 4.1 and 4.5, but Gateway were supposedly working on a 6.x exploit but nothing new has been revealed by them.
Smea has been working on an exploit (presumably ssspwn) that works on 8.x (and maybe 7.x?) but we just have to wait for him to release that. He also mentioned that region-free was possible on his hack.
iirc, the only way to downgrade was if you had an emuNand of 4.1-4.5, otherwise you are out of luck (just like me:c)

Whaaat

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gba temp

Just bought gateway and was able to get blue card to work. First thing I did was backed up system nand and updated, ran a diagnostic test everything was OK! SD test was exfat. When backing up 3ds game backup i receive >>Error! >> FFFFFFFF

Now when gateway mode is booted screen goes to main menu and acts as if no 3ds cart were inserted. Whats happened? Only put a few of roms on SD card

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gba temp

Just bought gateway and was able to get blue card to work. First thing I did was backed up system nand and updated, ran a diagnostic test everything was OK! SD test was exfat. When backing up 3ds game backup i receive >>Error! >> FFFFFFFF

Now when gateway mode is booted screen goes to main menu and acts as if no 3ds cart were inserted. Whats happened? Only put a few of roms on SD card

You were trying to upgrade your emunand to 8.1? If so, that's your problem, can't upgrade emunand, at the moment.

Whaaat

Trophies
XP
Country
Boot into Gateway mode (L button). Format emunand and refuse/deny any upgrades.
Not sure I follow what you mean by boot gateway (L button)

format emunand changed nothing. holding L button while booting gateway mode didn't help. Did I buy a dodgy product or am I doing something wrong?

back to dstwo for now

edit: all i had to do was press select to access roms. got it working

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
GW3D or official N3DS firmware? *post pic, if you need to (as proof, of course).
gateway only works on 4.x, he will mean 7.1 emunand.....

just to clarify

1. the latest gateway firmware is 2.2
2. this will only run on 3DS consoles with a system firmware of 4.1-4.5
3. that latest version of firmware that worked on gateways emunand was 7.1 for full functionality and 7.2 which was semi-broken 8.x will not work for emunand....there is no way to update to 7.x if you missed the window without having a hardware mod and doing some pissing about

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys, i gonna buy soon a Gateway 3DS and i wanted to clarify some things before buying it :

- Is it really reliable ? I mean, when i had linkers on my GBA and later on my DSi, the Micro-SD sockets where crap and every 15 minutes my GBA/DSi would freeze, leaving me with a freezed game without any way to save my game. It happend really often with R4, EZ-Flash on GBA and even with my old DSTWO.
So does the Gateway 3DS and DS are good in terms of no-freeze and no-save loss, is it really reliable to use it with whatever game i want ? Because losing hours of gameplay are reaaaally annoying.

-Second question is : I know that Gateway takes plenty of time to release a new update to support the 8.X firmware version but does any knows something more about it ?
And i don't really understand that Emunand system and that it worked on 7.1 but needed 4.1-4.5 support to run. (look at the post just above mine, i really understood nothing of it. Can anyone explain to me what works/worked/will work ?)

That's all ! Thanks ! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: why not report the website to em?