Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks. But we used to need to update before, right?
Keep Cool
For Gateway? No, since the beginning it's been 4.1-4.5. You only need to update if your firmware is below that range. There were some people who said that it works best on 4.5, or something to that effect, but I'm not sure how true that was or is.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Was hoping for some help as not sure what I did. I'm running a 3DS XL on 4.2 with Gateway 2.1. Everything has been working fine for months.

When I started it up today, going to System Settings/Other Settings/Profile/Nintendo DS Profile no longer takes me to the Gateway UI; it actually takes me to a generic screen where I can change either the Message or Color. What's weird is that I recall then whenever I have accessed the System Settings in the past, it showed the version as 7.1, now it shows as 4.2.0-9U....doesn't have a GW in front of it like it did when I was able to get into the Gateway UI before.

I double-checked that my Wi-Fi was off (never connected to my home network anyway so no connection was ever made), and parental controls were still active, Streetpass downloads turned off, etc. So, there is no way that the unit could have updated itself (not that 4.2 is current).

Any idea how to resolve? Of course, I can't find my Gateway Blue card, red card is inserted and running fine.

Thanks for any help.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Was hoping for some help as not sure what I did. I'm running a 3DS XL on 4.2 with Gateway 2.1. Everything has been working fine for months.

When I started it up today, going to System Settings/Other Settings/Profile/Nintendo DS Profile no longer takes me to the Gateway UI; it actually takes me to a generic screen where I can change either the Message or Color. What's weird is that I recall then whenever I have accessed the System Settings in the past, it showed the version as 7.1, now it shows as 4.2.0-9U....doesn't have a GW in front of it like it did when I was able to get into the Gateway UI before.

I double-checked that my Wi-Fi was off (never connected to my home network anyway so no connection was ever made), and parental controls were still active, Streetpass downloads turned off, etc. So, there is no way that the unit could have updated itself (not that 4.2 is current).

Any idea how to resolve? Of course, I can't find my Gateway Blue card, red card is inserted and running fine.

Thanks for any help.
Generally when this happens, it means you ran some sort of DS software, causing the exploit to no longer work. I'd suggest installing it again, but seeing as your Blue card is working, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. You could always try deleting then copying over a fresh dat file to your 3DS' SD card. I seem to recall that working for someone before.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Gateway? No, since the beginning it's been 4.1-4.5. You only need to update if your firmware is below that range. There were some people who said that it works best on 4.5, or something to that effect, but I'm not sure how true that was or is.
Oh yeah, your right, now this is pretty WEIRD, it was about the version 3x (couldn't remember)...

I had Ver 3 on my 3DS, I never used the console for a damn long time (never played any game at all, I bought 2 and only tried them but they are old and was still on ver. 3x...).

I have auto-update OFF and wireless have been off too, only used it like 1 or 2 times to try the WWW browser.

Now I have vers 4.1 and don't know how the heck it updated, but this is nice since now I don't have to buy a game to update it.

PS: And the most WEIRD thing is last time I checked before I had ver 3x... and the last update online was already above what the flashcards support, so HOW THE HECK MINE UPDATED TO 4.1????????????????????? (This is very damn weird and I never even updated the system after the 3x I had before).
Keep Cool

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, your right, now this is pretty WEIRD, it was about the version 3x...

I had Ver 3 on my 3DS, I never used the console for a damn long time (never played any game at all, I bought 2 and only tried them but they are old and was still on ver. 3x...).

I have auto-update OFF and wireless have been off too, only used it like 1 or 2 times to try the WWW browser.

Now I have vers 4.1 and don't know how the heck it updated, but this is nice since now I don't have to buy a game to update it.

PS: And the most WEIRD thing is last time I checked before I had ver 3x... and the last update online was already above what the flashcards support, so HOW THE HECK MINE UPDATED TO 4.1????????????????????? (This is very damn weird and I never even updated the system after the 3x I had before).
Keep Cool
If you had auto-update off, then the only way to update to a non-current version is to play a game that requires said version. If I was on version 3.x and wanted to play Shin Megami Tensei IV, the game would tell me I needed to update (to 4.5) in order to play it. But, if you haven't played any games since 3.x, then one of your friends/siblings/whomever must have played with your 3DS between then and now.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had auto-update off, then the only way to update to a non-current version is to play a game that requires said version. If I was on version 3.x and wanted to play Shin Megami Tensei IV, the game would tell me I needed to update (to 4.5) in order to play it. But, if you haven't played any games since 3.x, then one of your friends/siblings/whomever must have played with your 3DS between then and now.
No, no one used it, I never even used it at all.

I have Resident Evil Revelations and Fifa12 and didn't even played them at all, only tested back then.

Maybe it was the Res online update or Fifa12 online update, but I don't think the system even restarted and Thank God it didn't updated to a higher system version because the latest version was already way above what the cards supports.

ps: I don't know exactly what did exactly updated the system, but this is damn nice, now I'm happy that I don't have to buy a game to update it :)
Keep Cool

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i hate to sound like a complete n00b asking this, but just to ask... Does the Gateway 3DS flashcard work with the latest firmware (8.1.0-18) for the Nintendo 3DS?

if not, then what firmware does it need to be on in order for it to work?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i hate to sound like a complete n00b asking this, but just to ask... Does the Gateway 3DS flashcard work with the latest firmware (8.1.0-18) for the Nintendo 3DS?

if not, then what firmware does it need to be on in order for it to work?
no it only works on 4.1-4.5, same goes for all other 3ds rom flashcards, only NDS cards will work on newer firmwares

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a question regarding patches. I have a 3DS on firmware 4.5.0-9E running Gateway Omega 2.2 and another 3DS on the latest firmware 8.1.018E and I'm playing Devil Survivor Overclocked on the Gateway but I'd like to get the patch for the game to fix the freeze bugs in game but I can't use the emunand feature to access the e-shop to get the patch due to the new 3DS update so how can I patch the game and work on the Gateway? Can someone explain it for me please?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, updates are downloaded for the specific console they are downloaded on, they are also stored on the Sd card, they actual cart doesn't get patched,

Currently with no eshop access for gateway nobody can get patches for any games that need them

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh okay then, is that still the case when Gateway supports emunand for the new 8x firmware allowing you to access the e-shop again?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems gateway's website is down. Everyone prepare yourselves for the junk threads with people freaking out believing gateway has abandoned us..

Reactions: Nightwish

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems gateway's website is down. Everyone prepare yourselves for the junk threads with people freaking out believing gateway has abandoned us..
Whether it's people complaining about Gateway, or people complaining about people complaining about Gateway, it's still unproductive. You might've jinxed it!

inb4 people quote me about complaining about people complaining about people complaining about Gateway.

Reactions: emo kid 68

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, let's try here this is probably a better thread for it.

Question: If I get a Japanese Pokemon game (my 3ds is american) can I dump the ROM and play the .3dz on my Gateway? Is there any way to "start" a file on a cart if you can't run it on your 3ds? I want to try to conserve the sav and not have it get corrupted. (I obviously want to try the Cyber Gadget save editor but I don't want to buy a new 3DS for it...) I don't think Gateway will let me play a Japanese Pokemon cart so this is my only idea I have left, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy