United States
Reactions: J. Sinclair

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
MT Card is the newest card, and the only one that seems to be getting support at the moment. About a week or so ago they released an update that makes their firmware do everything the Gateway and Clones do, but it also has Multi ROM. Currently, if you're buying a new flashcard, it seems like the best choice.

Yeah I agree, if you don't own a flash card yet, MT card seems to be the best bet. As for the rest of us GW owners. We should just wait for a while longer. Most of us already have multiple sd cards anyway. I'm contemplating jumping ship to MT too but at this point of time, I've decided to be patient, frustrating as it may be.

Reactions: Huntereb

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm... although they made the MT card with the microUSB, button and the light, it looks as though it was just a cheaper method of getting multirom.

I just hope that GW does release a Filan 2.0 soon as other card makers are putting out 3DS carts...

Question though, does the MT Card play Pokemon X/Y?

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ah dangit! I've been holding of on buying Pokemon in any way (Eshop, retail cart, or download) just because I thought that the GW software could not handle the NAND saves.
Well, I'll be getting me one then.

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most of the time, you'll play games with your 3DS - not switching them the whole time. So it obviously doesn't natter how they got multiple ROMs working.

The GW-Team has the skill and they are going to make multirom working for sure. But at the moment, they are having problems with their brickcode/AP-protection. Maybe they relay thought legit users would be safe and only the clone-mafia wanted to damage their reputation. (at least I think so)

At the end, no: Pokemon X/Y isn't working atm. (Obviously 1.1 MT copied 2.0b1/2 GW)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time, you'll play games with your 3DS - not switching them the whole time. So it obviously doesn't natter how they got multiple ROMs working.

The GW-Team has the skill and they are going to make multirom working for sure. But at the moment, they are having problems with their brickcode/AP-protection. Maybe they relay thought legit users would be safe and only the clone-mafia wanted to damage their reputation. (at least I think so)

At the end, no: Pokemon X/Y isn't working atm. (Obviously 1.1 MT copied 2.0b1/2 GW)

NOT BIASED AT ALL.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hahaha :P True, but I do feel left with the feeling that they did kind of "rip" the Gateway team off a little...
I'll let the fighting be between the companies themselves,
but as an end user, all in the name of progress :P

Reactions: Huntereb

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, maybe this was pro GW(?). But I' m just writing what I think. My personal opinion.
The Gateway 3DS was the first flashcard and an important milestone in the history of 3DS-homebrew. From my point of view they earn some credit for this work.

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always think it funny when I hear that people say that these teams/companies are helping "homebrew" (I've hear and read this in different forums not just here) because these cartridges are for playing backups or pirating. While I agree they can lead to some homebrew eventually I doubt that is why these cards are being made and bought, just my 2c.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I always think it funny when I hear that people say that these teams/companies are helping "homebrew" (I've hear and read this in different forums not just here) because these cartridges are for playing backups or pirating. While I agree they can lead to some homebrew eventually I doubt that is why these cards are being made and bought, just my 2c.

They somewhat did. Without the Gateway Launcher, we wouldn't have the Homebrew we have now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
fact is, that its a few select homebrew devs doing it for fun, vs a team of hackers who are willing to invest time and money to be the first to the market with a piracy device.....sometimes the homebrew devs get lucky and find an exploit first, other times the flash card devs find it first but whatever way around the opposite team always use the other teams exploits as a sort of guide....so it does help even if it wasn't exactly a public FAQ on how gateway done the hack, it still show's homebrew devs enough for them to look into,same as the initial profile exploit was found by the homebrew community....i would say its 1 all on who made homebrew possible

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm poor wording choice on my part again lol.
I guess what I meant is when people make it sound like the flash cart makers are intentionally trying to push the homebrew scene, this may be indirectly of course, but I feel that people sometimes attribute too much credit to them about homebrew. I know the exploits they use on either side will get analyzed and used by both to do whatever it is they want to do with it. Again this is just my view of things.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True. They do sometimes get way more creds than what they are entitled to, but it's not always.
Same goes for the other way around.
I would like thought to see them working better together with the homebrewers in the hopes that we may one day have custom firmware.
That way we wouldn't need the flash cards in the end.
Much like the PSP was.

Naveen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah dangit! I've been holding of on buying Pokemon in any way (Eshop, retail cart, or download) just because I thought that the GW software could not handle the NAND saves.
Well, I'll be getting me one then.

I've been holding off for a while. I couldn't wait anymore, so I used EmuNAND and took advantage of that Nintendo offer of buying one selected game and get a Pokemon digital copy free... I am now enjoying Pokemon X, I got impatient waiting for Gateway to fulfill it's promise of NAND-saved games working. I've been using Wonder Trade on Pokemon now and got myself a great party to start with

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The hold up is nothing to do with the AP/Brick Code, that is sorted, its todo with features other cards dont have, as its a Milestone Build, they are making the effort to implement wanted, needed features

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would wish they are trying to implement the so called "7.0 keys" so I could use the Pokebank, sadly I won't be able to use the free trial for sure...

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would wish they are trying to implement the so called "7.0 keys" so I could use the Pokebank, sadly I won't be able to use the free trial for sure...

Now that would be a awesome feature that would ensure more compatibility :) Who knows what the future will bring... Slowly but surely lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup