Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Hey guys, my gateway blue card is shagged and my Gateway 3DS reseller doesn't want to know about it. Instead of pursuing that avenue, I mangaged to pick up an R4i SDHC 2014 white card for dirt cheap in Thailand. Can I use this to install the gateway exploit? (I'm removing 2.0b2 from my system) Thanks!

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, my gateway blue card is shagged and my Gateway 3DS reseller doesn't want to know about it. Instead of pursuing that avenue, I mangaged to pick up an R4i SDHC 2014 white card for dirt cheap in Thailand. Can I use this to install the gateway exploit? (I'm removing 2.0b2 from my system) Thanks!

Yes. The exploit can be installed using any DS mode flash cart.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GW team has once again taken the piss ....

2.0 release and clones

01/11/2013
Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team....................etc etc(from web site GW)

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
GW team has once again taken the piss ....

2.0 release and clones

01/11/2013
Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team....................etc etc(from web site GW)

you do realize there has been at least 5 status updates since this was posted on their site (The last one was 6 days ago )

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know how you all see the situation right now, but I don't even want to complain about Gateway anymore..

..I'm just tired of all that stuff. We should rest and take a nice long nap 'til the update comes.

Reactions: Rob Blou

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play some games, there are lots of good one out there! 3DS or any other console and then check back in a couple weeks to months who knows! It's not like the Gateway doesn't play any games at all :yaynds: People need to enjoy what they have it'll update when it does.

Reactions: Cyan

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, to get it straight, Gateway are holding closed internal/external betas, of something that is currently in beta?
Makes sense...

Regarding the shipping time and so on; I got my GW cards in matter of days. I live in Europe.
I followed the GW site and found that one retailer from Norway was set up with them.
So it was fast and painless for me to get it ;)

Also, since it's not on the main page anywhere (from what I found), Nintendo issued a new update for the 3DS while it was closed...
Should I update? Is that even safe?

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also, since it's not on the main page anywhere (from what I found), Nintendo issued a new update for the 3DS while it was closed...
Should I update? Is that even safe?
Only update within the System Menu of Emunand. Make really, really sure that that's where you are. AFAIK, all current updates can be installed through there with no issues.

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
right, so I boot into Gateway mode, and go into system settings and update from there.
That is it. Correct?
It's like a ton of info about what to do and nothing feels safe anymore.
"Do a clean install." Don't format" "Format" and so on..
But I guess that is only to blame on the infancy of the 3DS hack scene :/
Thank you for the helpfulness ;)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
right, so I boot into Gateway mode, and go into system settings and update from there.
That is it. Correct?

Yeah, but make sure you've followed the steps to setting up and running Emunand before doing this, don't just enter Gateway mode without setting up Emunand and try updating, you'll update your console.

I hope you're not planning on using 2.0B2, because the outcome of using that is potentially much worse than accidentally updating your system. If you plan on only playing newer games, and you don't care about the EShop and such, don't even worry about setting up Emunand and just run 2.0B1 without holding L. Sure it may crash occasionally when booting into Gateway mode, but it's better than having a paper weight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la