Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I don't have too much time to read 40 something pages to find one of the questions so sorry again if it's been repeated.

I have recently acquired a red/black xl with firmware 4.4. I am currently ordering a gateway 3ds. So I was wondering what the first steps I should do is. I have not yet accepted the nintendo agreement with wireless and not set up a wireless system yet.

So I was wondering. The first thing I should do is to update the gateway 3ds to 2.0b1 right?

Then where do I go from there? Is there an instruction booklet or some steps I need to do to get everything working ( and backed up)?

If you plan to play any current rom files, you don't need any updates. The update adds an emunand mode that is currently only for safely connecting to the eshop or to play real carts that need a newer firmware. Now that 7.0 is out, the ehsop feature is no longer working. Maybe in future updates the emunand will have other uses, but not now.

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan to play any current rom files, you don't need any updates. The update adds an emunand mode that is currently only for safely connecting to the eshop or to play real carts that need a newer firmware. Now that 7.0 is out, the ehsop feature is no longer working. Maybe in future updates the emunand will have other uses, but not now.

From the gateway site --
"GW 2.0b2 is a few days away from release and will be mainly emunand support for 7.0 and bug fixes together with an additional feature that will hopefully put an end to any accidental updates of consoles."

BigGamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are yet to receive your Gateway, give the team a couple of days so they can release their new launcher that is supposed to prevent tedious steps to update. After this new launcher comes out, users here will update the procedure to successfully update on emuNAND.

Thank you guys.

So how do I backup my system nand just in case. I'm not going to mess with the emunand just yet because there doesn't seem to be anything to help explain how it works to me so I'm not even going to attempt it.

By all current rom files, does that include (I know the obvious ones that cannot be played) new games that require new updates but not nand saves such as A link between worlds ?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
just go from 4.x to 7.1, most people said this is the prefered method for emuNAND, from base to latest each time, instead of updating emuNAND from 1 ver to the next, there wont be many differences with this new version compared to 7.1, i dont see there being much of a holdup

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just go from 4.x to 7.1, most people said this is the prefered method for emuNAND, from base to latest each time, instead of updating emuNAND from 1 ver to the next, there wont be many differences with this new version compared to 7.1, i dont see there being much of a holdup

That was only a misunderstanding. I could easily update to 7.1 from 6.3 as well, but I'm busy right know *sigh* and I'm waiting for the second beta launcher as well.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, i was just stating if on 7.0 and you want to update, you will need to update from 4.x to get there, I can test if people havent, but im pretty sure it will just be like 7.0

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know if this is known, but GW team responded an email of mine earlier today.

Sin título.png

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated one of my EmuNand yesterday, mean this I have now 7.1 on this EmuNand? So sadly the new Gateway Beta is worthless for me? Because I stuck on 7.1?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated one of my EmuNand yesterday, mean this I have now 7.1 on this EmuNand? So sadly the new Gateway Beta is worthless for me? Because I stuck on 7.1?

You are the same guy as before; come on! a lot of users told you that emuNAND on 7.0 is not working. Just wait a couple of days for the second beta launcher of Gateway.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh man... guys that .... edited....

I know that 7.X + is bugged. But allways guys talk about 7.0 but some guys talk from 7.1 so what is now out..... just weird.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh man... guys that are to dumb to read english.....

I know that 7.X + is bugged. But allways guys talk about 7.0 but some guys talk from 7.1 so what is now out..... just weird.

OK, I'll try to explain it slowly so you can understand the information
You are the same guy as before
You have been reading this topic since some hours ago
come on! a lot of users told you that emuNAND on 7.0 is not working.
This information has been reffered to the 7.0 firmware since the 7.1 was just released not too many hours ago
Just wait a couple of days for the second beta launcher of Gateway.
The new beta will allow you to use your already updated NAND.

I hope you finally get the message, "guys".

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm quick question, just got my gateway and done everything as the guide says but when i insert blue card into my 3ds nothing happens, system doesn't recognize the blue card.. Does that mean it's faulty or am i missing something?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uhm quick question, just got my gateway and done everything as the guide says but when i insert blue card into my 3ds nothing happens, system doesn't recognize the blue card.. Does that mean it's faulty or am i missing something?

Just to confirm, the root of the MicroSD you are using for the blue DS cart must look like this:
Sin título.png

If you have everything in order, then your Gateway DS cart may be faulty. I hope you have another DS flashcard available at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @BakerMan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ