Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you just rewrite one of them if you want to play a new game?

because of my mood, sometimes i want to play a fighting game, sometimes i want a racing, sometimes RPG..
I cant just rewrite the Game everyday... but since Multirom is not yet released my only games are
Project Mirai, Harvest Moon ANB, and Kingdom Hearts 3D..

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright i gotta question. i havent updated my gateway yet because im not home but theres shit ton of confusion on retail carts using emunand

1. can you go online on retail carts on the emunand?
2. i have pokemon still in its wrapper from launch day, how do i play it?

its really not clear with all this classic mode and if its used or what.

can anybody shed light to this

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
alright i gotta question. i havent updated my gateway yet because im not home but theres shit ton of confusion on retail carts using emunand

1. can you go online on retail carts on the emunand?
2. i have pokemon still in its wrapper from launch day, how do i play it?

its really not clear with all this classic mode and if its used or what.

can anybody shed light to this

1. I think you can since it's booted on "classing mode".
2. You play it normally. Booting it on a non-emuNAND console before may cause some problems, so don't switch consoles.

Classic mode is a GW's hack that, instead of letting use the Red GW cart to boot a ROM and blocking access to retail games, it let you boot retail cartridges with the advantages of emuNAND (and without ROM support).

Reactions: tsuna

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I think you can since it's booted on "classing mode".
2. You play it normally. Booting it on a non-emuNAND console before may cause some problems, so don't switch consoles.

Classic mode is a GW's hack that, instead of letting use the Red GW cart to boot a ROM and blocking access to retail games, it let you boot retail cartridges with the advantages of emuNAND (and without ROM support).

thanks kyogre, youve been a great help to the gateway threads!

Reactions: kyogre123

Griffith7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I followed the instructions and all, but it still says "this service is not available in your region" when i try to enter the e-shop, any solution?

edit: solved, my 3ds was set to albania lol the eshop works.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm about to buy a Gateway 3DS, but I mailed the site I plan to order it from (flashcard.es, I live in the Netherlands), and they suggested I get the 3DS Link instead, saying the Gateway has a very high failure rate and get sent back constantly, and that the 3DS Link is also capable of playing Zelda and the like (the reason I gave for why I wanted to get the Gateway).

Anyone have any experience with this site? It's a listed official Gateway 3DS reseller.
Any input on the 3DS Link VS Gateway cards? Money is not that big of an issue for me.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm about to buy a Gateway 3DS, but I mailed the site I plan to order it from (flashcard.es, I live in the Netherlands), and they suggested I get the 3DS Link instead, saying the Gateway has a very high failure rate and get sent back constantly, and that the 3DS Link is also capable of playing Zelda and the like (the reason I gave for why I wanted to get the Gateway).

Anyone have any experience with this site? It's a listed official Gateway 3DS reseller.
Any input on the 3DS Link VS Gateway cards? Money is not that big of an issue for me.

As you can see the gateway 3ds just released a firmware with the ability to play zelda and all the new games but the nand saved ones and 3ds link released a video where they show it can play zelda. So i say go for the gateway

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well haha I can confirm that you do not want to update from anywhere else but system settings.

I successfully updated my emunand, but when I went into eshop, I was prompted for an update and like a dummy let it go through.

Now I'm going to get a tiny screwdriver cause fuck those screws are small.

Thank god for nand backup.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well haha I can confirm that you do not want to update from anywhere else but system settings.

I successfully updated my emunand, but when I went into eshop, I was prompted for an update and like a dummy let it go through.

Now I'm going to get a tiny screwdriver cause fuck those screws are small.

Thank god for nand backup.

lol, I almost forgot about this part of the update.

I'll quote myself from Wikipedia:
Note that the nomenclature of a firmware version, as it's shown on the 3DS System Settings, is divided in three parts: the first 3 digits represent the firmware version without eShop features (which is the one stored on retail catridges); the number after the dash represents improvements related to the eShop and can only be obtained via online update; and finally the letter at the end represents the region of the console....

Just for this reason is a little pointless to update though the update partition of a cartridge.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I thought something was fishy, haha. I just updated through system settings and my dumb tired brain was like, "maybe it's just gonna update the eshop" which, haha it did but the 3DS was smarter and updated the eshop, as well as the rest of the system nand. I'm about to tear it all down, wish me luck bros.

Edit: So, does this mean that nintendo blocked the eshop for the new gateway firmware? If you can't update the emunand's eshop haha, you won't be going to the eshop.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone who updated his EmuNAND succesfully make a tutorial on updating the EmuNAND?
With pictures and stuff maybe? Something that if you follow it exactly updating can't go wrong?
Gateway's tutorial isn't as good as the manuals were for setting up the gateway mode and I really don't want to make mistakes on this.
Thanks in advance for those who are willing to help me and others.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone who updated his EmuNAND succesfully make a tutorial on updating the EmuNAND?
With pictures and stuff maybe? Something that if you follow it exactly updating can't go wrong?
Gateway's tutorial isn't as good as the manuals were for setting up the gateway mode and I really don't want to make mistakes on this.
Thanks in advance for those who are willing to help me and others.

To be honest, following GW's instructions to the letter should be enough to avoid any possibly mistake, the problem is that some people skip some steps ending up updating their real NAND.

This advice should be enough though: After you have everything set up to update the emuNAND, enter once again to Gateway mode; after being returned to the home menu, enter to system settings and go straight to system update, verifying that the letters of GW3DS appear on the screen.

This should be dummy-proof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol