3DS Flashcart

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bennehmaru, Jul 29, 2012.

Jul 29, 2012

3DS Flashcart by Bennehmaru at 1:22 PM (13,519 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Bennehmaru
    OP

Newcomer Bennehmaru Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've just bought myself a new 3DS XL in the UK.

I want to buy a flashcart to play some DS games that I just missed out on.

Whats the best flashcart to buy?

2. Daemauroa

Member Daemauroa GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    you could just search to forum instead of making a new topic. anyway, the acekard 2i is the best flashcart for a pretty low price and de dstwo is the best flashcart out there, but it cost a bit more.

I must mention that none of the flashcarts out there are able to play 3ds roms, only ds roms and homebrew. be cautious with buying a flashcart that you don't know much about, because some flashcarts won't work on the 3ds because of the firmware. but the flashcarts I mentioned earlier are pretty up-to-date and would probably work on the 3ds you bought if you didn't updated the firmware, or you must look at their site if the flashcart has a new firmware update.

3. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    The ***king card does not work on the new firmware right??
    And why does it then everyone recommend???
    I would recommend New R4isdhc-silver cause they always update it

4. david tan

Newcomer david tan Newbie

United States
    dstwo is the best flashcart, but if you only want to play ds games, just choose the acekard2i or r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn... and if your 3ds has been updated to V4.3.0-10. don't choose the ak2i because currently ak2i can not work on the 3ds new firmware. just buy r4i gold 3ds (official site r4ids.cn)

5. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    This is the post to follow, pretty much says it all.

6. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    What is it with people recommending shit carts like this one?

1 person likes this.
  7. GamerzHell9137

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Its same with people who recommend acekard 2i.
    Anyways about dstwo,there is just dstwo card right?
    There arent revisions of it?

8. pyromaniac123

United Kingdom
    I don't think you understood what I was posting. I was referring to the card you suggested as shit.

9. GamerzHell9137

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Well me too.
    And the card is ok.
    Theres nothing special with acekard2i.
    The only difference is that they update it really slow :)

10. pyromaniac123

United Kingdom
    That's because acekard don't rush updates. The manufacturer of your shit card releases new cards every few months leaving old users without updates whilst acekard doesn't.

11. wiiluver135

Member wiiluver135 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd recommend the Supercard DSTWO, it has GREAT update support and works with the most f\current firmware too. It can also play GBA roms from an emulator straight on the flashcard and another host of things.
    it's a bit more expensive but it's well work it for piece of mind on updates as awesome support for the device.
    http://gbatemp.net/t232281-supercard-dstwo-review

12. LockeCole_101629

Member LockeCole_101629 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    just go with R4idsn or any clone (which can use Wood firmware) also support your 3ds firmware and another acekard2i
    even cheaper than buying a DSTwo

also you get better bulletproof support for firmware or games compability since it made by 2 different company
    acekard use akaio
    r4 use wood

just my opinion.
    but from my own experience most people didn't really bother with flashcart on 3ds since most of them own DS/lite/i/i XL and most cart are works just fine since it only play DS games.
    no cart can play 3ds roms atm.

heck... most people gives comment at download site usually playing it on emulator.

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

14. Peleep

Newcomer Peleep Member

United Kingdom

What firmware was your 3DS XL supplied with? I have DSTWO for my UK 3DS on 4.3.

15. GamerzHell9137

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Nope ur wrong.
    Check they forum

16. pyromaniac123

United Kingdom
    The forum doesn't prove anything. All it proves is that r4isdhc release new carts, wait a few months, drop support for old cards (not releasing updates for new firmware) forcing people to buy new carts.

17. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    If you want a good card with regular updates and the fastest updates the R4i gold (url on card: http://r4ids.cn/) is the only good R4 clone I would recommend.
    The Acekard 2i is a quality card and far better than most R4 Blahs blahs out there. And the DSTwo is also a great card with some outstanding features that set it apart from the rest.

95% of the R4 clones out there aren't very good and shouldn't be recommended.

I would also suggest checking out this thread, any card on that thread is worth buying.

18. kingcolex

Member kingcolex Joe "Coop" Cooper

United States
    You know i read all these but personally i have an acekard 2i and a ton of r4 clones and only one clone i owned actually crashed on me occasionally , and most of these clones were less than 8 usd shipped.

19. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Most clones are only cheap because they are low quality. Recommending low quality cards can have side-effects, such as lack of updates, teams vanishing after a few updates, poor quality hardware, microSD problems, and in worst cases blowing a fuse in the DS. Not to mention most of the time R4 clones do not allow for firmware updates, so when the DSi/3DS updates, you have to buy a new card. Let's not forget the millions of other problems that pop up because of these cards. All and all, it's not worth recommending them when there are far better cards and they only like 5$ more at most. Honestly people need to stop being so cheap and spend the extra dollar. 98% of the people buying flashcards are just going to get their games for free, so why not just spend a little more to get an a high quality card instead of some crap in a plastic case.

1 person likes this.
  20. mybluered

Member mybluered GBAtemp Regular

United States
    pyromaniac123,The forum doesn't prove anything. All it proves is that r4isdhc release new carts, wait a few months, drop support for old cards (not releasing updates for new firmware) forcing people to buy new carts.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I completely agree with you on it. Let's keey away from cards released r4isdhc. They have released so many kinds of cards and stop updating just for the old cards when they release a new card. I have a r4isdhc old silver and can not get updating of the kernel and updating patch any longer just because they have released a new one.