Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
One of the features that I didn't see coming, but I'm actually somehow having fun with (maybe to fill the time till I actually get a 3DS game) is the Activity Log. Mostly it's looking at my Daily Records and seeing all the steps I'm getting at work, lol. I have to wonder, do you think Nintendo will try to expand that with an actual 3DS Fit game? Taking the data from your log and feeding it into the "game" to calculate how much you burned? Without a scale you'd probably need to actually input the data yourself. That or maybe Nintendo could make a new Wii Fit that has an optional 3DS download (installed via DS Download Play) that can be used to enhance data for the Wii version.

I dunno, it could work. What do you guys think? Do you think Nintendo would try to invest in such an idea? Discuss.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normally, when I see a gaming company trying to make people lose weight, it is just a way to make money, because people are desperate to lose weight these days. Desperate enough to even buy a whole gaming console for a game like Wii Fit, and all the peripherals.

With the 3DS, I actually find myself walking more just because of the pedometer. They say on average you should have 10,000 steps a day, and since I just keep my 3DS on Street pass all the time, I check every once in a while to see how many I have. The coins are nice too. While I don't know what you could do with them outside of Lego Starwars, it motivates me a little to maybe walk instead of driving if it isn't far away.

Edit:

Almost forgot:

Yes, it is part of Nintendo's plan to get the world healthier.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always loved how the ds/wii starts up with health and safety information warning
nintendo does care about your health
but imo, part of this "fitness" idea, by making ppl walking is to put the streetpass functionality in front
nintendo was never famous about online community and they do recognized finally that what they did so far was not enough

so begs the question why there is no picto-chat-like possibility

the problem is, the motion sensors can easily be "cheated", thus havin a fitness-like software or upgrading the activity log for it doesn't seem like a very good idea, just a waste of time

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
i always loved how the ds/wii starts up with health and safety information warning
but imo, part of this "fitness" idea, by making ppl walking is to put the streetpass functionality in front
nintendo was never famous about online community and they do recognized finally that what they did so far was not enough

the problem is, the motion sensors can easily be "cheated", thus havin a fitness-like software or upgrading the activity log for it doesn't seem like a very good idea, just a waste of time
Not everyone cheats at this thing tho. So it not a complete waste of time.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
RNorthex said:

Not everyone cheats at this thing tho. So it not a complete waste of time.

QUOTE(Nollog @ Mar 28 2011, 09:23 PM)
If you care about monitoring your steps, you won't cheat.
Not that I believe it's a waste of time nor a bad idea, but if you go into a car, the step count increases exponentially thus making for unintentional cheating.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
machomuu said:
Not that I believe it's a waste of time nor a bad idea, but if you go into a car, the step count increases exponentially thus making for unintentional cheating.
Yeah, I was going to put that in my post but couldn't word it right.
Damn car ride today gave me a thousand steps.
frown.gif

I don't understand how Nintendo can't have it active only when on its side.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
Yeah, I was going to put that in my post but couldn't word it right.
Damn car ride today gave me a thousand steps.
frown.gif

I don't understand how Nintendo can't have it active only when on its side.
Funny thing is, the Pokewalker was didn't have this problem IIRC.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only cheat if i need some extra coins and i didn't get the max for the day[i'm not so desperate to use the date change over and over]
but srsly, 5-10minutes walk to my school=1811 step
then back and i'm at 3600 for to day
they really should increase the required steps, multiplying by 5 or 10

QUOTE said:
If you care about monitoring your steps, you won't cheat.

QUOTENot that I believe it's a waste of time nor a bad idea, but if you go into a car, the step count increases exponentially thus making for unintentional cheating.

exactly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: