Homebrew 3DS firmware version 4.1.0-E help/advice

Sussexlad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all im new to the 3ds CFC scene so looking for advice on how I can go about getting one of the consoles I own up and running 3ds games via the use of a memory card if possibe .the current console I have is running VER. 4.1.0-4E which i understand is very old now but was also under the impression was better to keep than update for cfc purposes

Now having spoken to someone on a facebook gaming page I have been led here looking for your assistance on how I should go about this

1-I was told i need ver 9.2?? if so how do i update to this and not the latest version ?

2-what else do i need in order to get the system running cfc and backups?

I have sd card readers and mico sd cards etc etc and have ample experience with R4 cards TTDS so was hoping it was something very simaler to the ds

thanks in advance for your assistance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing you want to do, regardless of the route you take later, is update to 9.2. Follow this guide to do so on your 4.1.0-4E system: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/rxTools-Browser

After you get to 9.2, we can talk about CFW.

Edit: To be clear, you don't need anything to get CFW up and running other than your 3DS and an SD card.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Sussexlad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1