Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If we could devrypt them we doesnt need a exploit anymore......
The 3DS doesn't run decrypted stuff, so no.

Yes but if we can decrypt the roms, it would let people begin to try and find exploits.
Esploits in those specific games, perhaps (so it'd be like the Wii needing specific games again), and even then people would need some sort of environment to run them in (such as an emulator), unless they feel like working out ARM assembly by hand...

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we could devrypt them we doesnt need a exploit anymore......
The 3DS doesn't run decrypted stuff, so no.

Yes but if we can decrypt the roms, it would let people begin to try and find exploits.
Esploits in those specific games, perhaps (so it'd be like the Wii needing specific games again), and even then people would need some sort of environment to run them in (such as an emulator), unless they feel like working out ARM assembly by hand...
I meant if we could decrypt we have either a exploit or the keys needed for it,either a exploits isn't needed.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Since a game is compiled to run under a certain "environment" we need to decrypt the game, trace by hand everything it needs to run, initialize (pointers, calls, map areas and such, ram addressing techniques, know the hardware very well)... well at least as it was in GBA era

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I meant if we could decrypt we have either a exploit or the keys needed for it,either a exploits isn't needed.
First of all the keys aren't in the games, secondly I covered the whole "decrypt = exploit" line of thought. That's not how it works alone.

People can do that sort of thing on the Wii and such because there's development tools for the Wii that people can use, they have debugging environments they can analyze the code in while it runs in a virtual environment.

That is not the case with the 3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is 25 pages of noobs who are too lazy to read previous posts asking "omg nw do we hav 3ds homebrew channel?" and repeatedly getting "no" for an answer.

The discussions aren't exactly getting anywhere, and I personally believe this should be locked.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
DECRYPTED game = you can run the game on an emulator (but you need to make one first)
You can also see the files inside and examine them. That DOESN'T necessarily mean you can RE-ENCRYPT a changed version and put it BACK on the card to play it or run homebrew. It's often a one-way thing, especially when it also needs to be SIGNED (something else that's different from decryption and we can't necessarily do yet.)
EXPLOIT is a way start running a game and then trick the 3DS into switching to running your homebrew when it thinks it's still really running the legit game. Once your looking at the files from the game that you've DECRYPTED you MIGHT be able to find somewhere where the game was badly programmed to let it be tricked in that way but not necessarily.

Ismaw34

Trophies
XP
Country
You can decript code, but you cant encrypt it because you can sign it.
In the case of the wii, a video is (i think) i this thread showing how the trucha bug works, and if all the noobs see that, would make more sense and stop asking stupid things.
You cant sign it and ecrypt it, so you can run custom code, and the decryption is not in any way allowing us to run unsigned code without signing it or trick the system to think that its signed by nintendo.

-Ismaw34

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As lucifer666 said, there are a lot of repeated noob questions in the thread. BUT, for every noob question, someone who knows their shit answers in a very easy to understand way. I'd like to say thanks to the few that really know their stuff for sharing their knowledge. I also would like to request that the thread NOT be locked for the simple fact that I like to lurk and gain knowledge.
This is really an informative thread for those that don't know the finer technical stuff about what's going on and take the time to read instead of shouting "so I can has romz NAO??!?" every time a minor breakthrough happens.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorta outta topic but...
N0OBs read this before posting
  1. this does not mean hombrew
  2. this does not mean flash cards\kards
  3. no hacks yet
this is just a tiny step
Let's be honest here. In retrospect, if they had actually read anything at all other than the title, there wouldn't be the massive influx of "OMG HOMEBREWZ 3DS ROMZ FLAHSCARTZ NAO WEEEE HAXX kthxbai" :\

This reminds me of the same flood of "how to i playz 3ds romz on (insert card/emu here)" posts after the 3ds rom dump thread.

Then again, I guess your post is kinda useful so that they can't use the "LOL didnt bother to read last 20 pages derp" excuse :D

Maybe we should all change our sigs to "NO 3DS HACKS YET. PERIOD." in big bold red font :P

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I saw one reply asking about homebrew channel and like 20 replies talking about noobs. :creep:

Anyway the 3DS has been out for over a year and half and still unhacked, which is something of a minor miracle. You can't blame people for being anxious. PS3 might've took much longer but there was no reason to hack it - it was region free and had free online, plus linux.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want the roms decrypted to get some files out.

Yes I just want the music. I'm also tired of hearing rumors of it being completely hacked (seriously, I had someone at Safeway of all places tell me that the R4 Gold card played 3DS roms and stuff), so I eagerly await the day when it actually is. Whether that's tomorrow or a year from now, I don't know, but I'm willing to wait. Keep up the effort, all who are attempting to do something. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released