Hacking 3DS Firmware 9.5 Released

mrolive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Patch notes:

Version 9.5.0-22U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:​
Improvements to system stability and usability:​
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience​
Got a prompt for an update while going into the eshop. Whether it blocks regionthree/Sky3DS is unknown.

D

Deleted User

Sony is the king of vague updates. I have a PS4 and literally every update is just "Stability improvements"

There hasn't been a update since October, and that update was important so i don't know wtf your saying.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Wise to make a win32diskimager backup of your 9.4 emunand incase you either:
a) accidentally update
b) get sick of the update nags
c) corrupt your emunand install somehow

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is will Sky3ds and qq3ds be able to use 9.5, the answer should be a resounding yes but i'd like to hear from someone who owns one, I wonder if it's also safe for them to update although i'm sure they have no choice

Apaprently it's a yes. Surprised at how long it's taking Nintendo to patch this one out. On the bright side, my Gateway is still working so I can continue doing whatever.

Reactions: Margen67

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Apaprently it's a yes. Surprised at how long it's taking Nintendo to patch this one out. On the bright side, my Gateway is still working so I can continue doing whatever.

I know this has already been covered but what's the precise reason Sky3ds is easier to patch than Gateway, if anything I'm wanting to think the big N will patch out both or neither!
You heard it heard from a Gateway fan first, I doubt SKY3DS will get blocked atleast for a while

Reactions: Thomas12345

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has already been covered but what's the precise reason Sky3ds is easier to patch than Gateway, if anything I'm wanting to think the big N will patch out both or neither!
You heard it heard from a Gateway fan first, I doubt SKY3DS will get blocked atleast for a while

Pretty much. If GW can continually get emunand working why is it a stretch to say sky3ds will live for a while longer. Nintendo will likely figure it out eventually, but they seem to either be incompetent regarding sky3ds and/or don't care that much about it yet. That could change if sky3ds continues to increase their sales.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically while it can emulate a cart, it doesn't do it perfectly. neimod already did some tests with it and found that it responds incorrectly to certain commands, so all Nintendo has to do is check for these certain inaccurate commands and it's patcheroni'd. Anyone who says sky3DS cannot be patched is full of crap, DS carts are emulations of a DS cart but they got patched left and right. Gateway uses a system exploit to create an emuNAND and patch out various checks, so you can stay on a lower, vulnerable firmware and Gateway is able to keep doing their patches so their stuff continues to work on newer firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz