head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi i was looking around & i saw this tread, talking about it would be a good idea id a Youtube 3DS ware was made.
i would totally agree with that, i posted my ideas there.
but then somewhere in the tread WolfSpider said "There's a html5 version of Youtube." i thought the 3DS browser had html5. :blink:
so i checked the site. http://www.youtube.com/html5 on my 3DS.
anyway apon looking appears youtube html5 doesn't support 3ds browser yet. :(
IMG_0352.JPG
but is is still in beta right? maybe if enough people ask youtube/google in the feedback on the page via 3DS they will make youtube html5 support the 3DS browser. :D

or nintendo could release a browser update for more support more html5 or flash.
which brings me to my next question.

the 3DS has photo uploading feature on the browser, & it works on sites.
after the stuff above i was checking if i could upload the videos taken on my 3DS since the 3DS update 3.0.0-5U now allows video capture in 2D & 3D, if i cant watch i can atleast upload right?... nope.
i clicked the upload button & it only shows the 3DS pictures.
so basicly no video uploading yet..
IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG
so im wondering, in the near future nintendo's gonna add...
+more html5 support? (& possibly java?)
+the ability to upload videos also via the browser. (& also download vids as we can pictures in the browser)
+speed up the browser? (use both of those dual cores & more ram) (i remember the wii getting a browser update to support more ram)
+add an option to view pages on top screen in 3D.
+as you guys can see above in the pic is says record from webcam on youtube.basically add camera & mic features to 3DS browser for cam on sites.

wait can the 3ds download.avi videos via browser? o.0

Edit:
if not then im just gonna play around with http://www.w3schools.com/ on my 3ds, & tinker with html & javascript until something randomly happens. :ninja:

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I just hope they at least update the browser for faster webpage loading.

I remember that NES emulator made some time ago that could run under the browser, but it was quite slow. Not because of the author, but because the browser itself seemed to limit how much processing it would use. If the WiFi is receiving more data than the browser (in its current state) can process, then I see no reason why it can't be bumped up. If the relation between processing and data received is 1:1, then it would make no difference if it were bumped up. BUT, considering there are other aspects of the 3DS not tied to either of those, like the screens, both displaying and lighted, and the GPU, then I could see increasing the processing being more beneficial to the battery. It already goes into a state of idle once it doesn't have much to process.

I would love a more functional web browser that was it's own app that wasn't limited but the current restraints like processing and RAM (since the browser uses part of the 32MB allocated to the OS) so that things like Youtube would work. If not that, I would love a VideoPlayer/Youtube app that would let me view videos from the SD card, view streamed videos from YT, upload my videos to my YT account, and even download videos to the SD card. Or, mix those features into Nintendo Video.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I know they are adding "Accomplishments", I would be really intruiged to see a company add this sort of feature (Achievements, Trophies) to older titles. Like imagine if Super Mario Bros. had "Accomplishments" for it. Official ones, created by Nintendo. That would be very interesting. It reminds me of how in the Halo CE Remake they added Achievements, and I really liked that feature a lot.

D

Deleted-236924

This isn't possible, because last I've heard, Nintendo made the 3DS, not YouTube.
They wouldn't be able to update the Nintendo 3DS browser to make it work with HTML5.

(And no, making HTML5 support the 3DS browser is impossible.)

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
We will prolly get a youtube app in the future, but I hate youtube on portable devices. I'd much rather watch it on my compy than through my 3DS or iPod.

I know they are adding "Accomplishments"
Isn't that only for the Mii Plaza app? If they're adding accomplishments for 3DS games in general, that'd pretty neat. Not a big fan of acheivements, but it'd be neat.

I want achievements so bad. I always see myself playing through a game once, then I get extremely bored of the game and stop playing it. At least with achievements, I'd prolly still play it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...