Hardware 3DS downloaded firmware update by itself. o_o

  • Thread starter Thread starter heartgold
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,185
  • Replies Replies 3

heartgold

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
4,378
Reaction score
1,066
Trophies
2
Location
London
Website
Visit site
XP
2,655
Country
So I haven't updated my firmware by myself through settings. Last night I was playing Links Awakening after work, so after an hour I pressed the home button and to my surprise a message popped up saying the latest firmware update has been downloaded and If i wish to apply it now. So I comfirmed it and my 3DS just rebooted and changes were applied instantly.

This is my first experenice with it and wondered if anyone else had the same happen.
 
Yes, it happens during sleep mode...
That's why I'm used to activating the wireless only when I need it, like when using letterbox or online games.
 
It's normal.
It only downloads the Update, but does not install, until the user says so.
If you don't want to Update, you can just press the "B" Button, but in the end, you'll Update your 3DS, because that dialog is annoying as hell.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted