• Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any plans for unix subsystems?
It wouldn't be impossible to port this, but I have used a lot of Windows specific code to move the mouse, control the joystick (vJoy is Windows only), and receive data from the 3DS (WinSock), so not for a while.

rainkr01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks YoshiInAVoid
I used PPSSPP, and I feel that 3DSbutton is so good and smooth.
I think it is one of the best product ever I used
I take a movie by this one.

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks YoshiInAVoid
I used PPSSPP, and I feel that 3DSbutton is so good and smooth.
I think it is one of the best product ever I used
I take a movie by this one.

Thanks so much for the video. I'm glad that it worked for you! Some people have been having problems.

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: none of my message appeared

@rainkr01

I was wondering which file you were using on the 3ds .cia, .3ds, .3dsx...etc
I don't think this is the issue, I've tested on all 3. Assuming that you've allowed it through your Firewall, and your 3DS is on the same network as your PC, I think the most likely problem is that you have the wrong IP.

Go to run, type cmd, then in the box type, ipconfig, go to the top, and make sure you read the one that says IPv4 address, not default gateway or any of the others. It should be something like 192.168.x.x, are you 100% sure that this number is correct?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Imagine being able to emulate small portions of your pc screen ala vnc and controlling it all from your 3ds.

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this looks awesome, but I also cannot get it to work, tried all the troubleshooting, got the 3ds to go to black screen, tried the .cia the .3ds and .3dsx all the same.
on windows 8.1

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this looks awesome, but I also cannot get it to work, tried all the troubleshooting, got the 3ds to go to black screen, tried the .cia the .3ds and .3dsx all the same.
on windows 8.1
Same here on Win8.1. Allowed the .exe in my firewall, put the correct IP in the .ini, nothing. :/ Oh yea, running the 3dsx one via Ninjhax.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This will save me money. Best Homebrew ever.

I was wondering if you could modify the code somehow so it could work by connecting the 3DS to a Virtual Access Point created on the target PC. This would help me a lot since the WIFI where I live is terrible. I hope it won't be too much of a hassle.

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This will save me money. Best Homebrew ever.

I was wondering if you could modify the code somehow so it could work by connecting the 3DS to a Virtual Access Point created on the target PC. This would help me a lot since the WIFI where I live is terrible. I hope it won't be too much of a hassle.
It doesn't actually connect to the outside internet, traffic just needs to pass through your router before it gets to the PC.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so awesome! It even has a .cia! Im in!

edit:
I have forever been trying to connect my ps3 controller to my windows pc but o luck. The farthest I was able to get is by using a usb wire (my goal was wirelessly through bluetooth). This makes things so much simpler. Thanks!

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It doesn't actually connect to the outside internet, traffic just needs to pass through your router before it gets to the PC.
I understand that, but let's assume I don't have a wireless router. What I said would be a good solution for anyone else in my situation (I guess I may be alone in this though...)

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that, but let's suppose I don't have a wireless router. What I said would be a good solution for anyone else in my situation (I guess I may be alone in this though...)
I don't think I could do direct PC -> 3DS transfer. I remember there was a way to do this with the original DS (which was used with WiFiMe) but it required that you had a very specific wireless card with a custom driver. I think it would be too difficult for me to do, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro