Homebrew 3DS controlled RC car

Aurelio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. What I'm going to show you is a little project I did today, just for fun.
I modified a tiny RC car I had to work with a WiFi module and I made a 3DS homebrew to control it.

This is a video I made in which I explain how I did it and I also show it running:

Second version (with speed control and a better car):

You can also find an images gallery on imgur where you can find some photos of the building process: http://imgur.com/a/xYM6l

PS: Sorry for my bad english

UPDATE:I made an article on my blog in which I explain in details how I made the project: http://www.aureliomannara.it/?p=158

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats awesome so would the motor driver you used support variable speed control?
maybe you could remap the motor fwd and bck to the analog and have variable speed control with the analog stick

Aurelio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thats awesome so would the motor driver you used support variable speed control?
maybe you could remap the motor fwd and bck to the analog and have variable speed control with the analog stick

Yes, the motor driver actually has a PWM input to control the speed of the motors, but in order to use PWM I would have needed an external microcontroller and I didn't want to complicate things, especially due to the available space.
Probably I'll do an improved version using a bigger car and a microcontroller to control speed and other things

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's very interesting, I thought the 3DS WiFi module is proprietary and not fully worked out, much like it's the case with the DS - great job!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Next quest: make a car that can run on both sides (and can change the side):
204075n.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat