3ds clock constantly changing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dr.dre, Aug 14, 2012.

Aug 14, 2012

3ds clock constantly changing by dr.dre at 3:41 PM (5,500 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. dr.dre
    OP

Newcomer dr.dre Advanced Member

Greece
    Hello and sorry if this is the wrong section!My 3ds keeps changing date and time.Dont know why,every time i open it the date and time is wrong.i keep fixing it but when i restart the console the time is wrong again!!!anyone know why is this happening?

2. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Its okay that this is the wrong section, the proper section for this would be at the Console, Accessories, and Hardware section.

As for your question, you have to do a full format for the 3DS. Can you tell me if you are EST... etc etc

3. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    how to do a full format?and im more curious why it happened at first!i have the latest firmware by the way.what do u mean by est :S ?

4. yuuna

Newcomer yuuna Hello, this is turtle.

Malaysia
    he meant the your time zone.

Setting > Other Settings > Format System Memory

5. EZ-Megaman

Member EZ-Megaman Likeanator

United Kingdom
    Do you use a Supercard DS2? I recall reading somewhere that the SCDS2 consumes more power and the clock goes quicker because of the CPU inside it.

6. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    A temporay fix would be to change the time and date but dont turn off the console, leave it in sleep mode, and have you replaced the battery by any chance?

7. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    nope im not est im UTC+02:00.If i format it i cant keep any stuff that i have downloaded,miis etc right?yes i have a dstwo and i thought that this was the problem so i remove the card before turning it off but nothing.i havent replace the battery.i wonder why this happened!!

8. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Your mii's will be gone, BUT you can make QR codes of them. as for downloaded content, what you've bought will be re-downloadble after the reset.

9. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    i have changed my clock again and after a couple resets the time and date are ok,so i will wait and see if it goes wrong again before doing a format.is format the only option?

10. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    I have a DSTWO and I have no clock related issues. But, of course the clock isn't terribly accurate so over time it'll be increasingly wrong, that's a common issue with RTC chips though, and not something caused by the DSTWO.

It doesn't seem likely that formatting would help, it's a weird issue, but it seems more like a hardware issue with the RTC chip... I don't see how that could just randomly happen if it wasn't a hardware issue, but maybe there's a bug in the 3DS firmware causing it. If that's the case I suppose formatting could help.
    So if it keeps happening, you should try to format, and if that doesn't help, you'll have to send it in to Nintendo I guess.

11. dr.dre
    OP

Greece
    for now i just hope that it wont change back.some hours have passed and date and time are ok.but i will format it if it changes back to 00:00 thanks for the quick answers :)

12. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    You know, time passes by, so of course the clock change.

Pip'