Homebrew [3DS CFW] CTRClient keeps failing to connect. How do I prevent this?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
For me, the problem was the fact that I had made a hotspot without connection to the internet. When the 3DS can't reach conntest.nintendowifi.net, it will disconnect, and crash the CFW.
Also, when you start the CFW with the "L" button, don't touch anything, wait until it's connected to your internet, and then spam the run.bat.
I've been able to set it up multiple times on different SD cards (2GB, 8GB, 16GB).

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Same problem here with a Kingston 16 gb class 10.

Will try the easus+win32 tricdk with a 2 gb card to see if work.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you press L. I couldn't get it to work on my 16gb and 8gb unless I did. There's a reason to press it, though I didn't know at first. :P

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Thanks, Psi-hate but my original problem was to connect the 3ds with the pc to send the Devmenu (the profile 3ds access with L already worked before, at least 3 times in 10 tentatives).

Anyway, resolved my problem with "Connectify Hotspot 2015" (this will only works with notebooks or with PC with wireless cards):

1- Download Connectify Hotspot 2015;
2- after the install, open the Connectify Hotspot 2015, generate a hotspot and put the password and Connectify-me information into 3ds;
3- Test the connection, if everything works fine the 3DS IP will appear inside Connectify Hotspot 2015;
4- Open the 3dsprofile + L cfw menu;
5- Open some random page in the 3ds browser to make sure that the 3ds is connected with the PC;
6. Put Connectify Hotspot 2015 3ds IP inside run.bat and it will work.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Psi-hate but my original problem was to connect the 3ds with the pc to send the Devmenu (the profile 3ds access with L already worked before, at least 3 times in 10 tentatives).

Anyway, resolved my problem with "Connectify Hotspot 2015" (this will only works with notebooks or with PC with wireless cards):

2- after the install, open the Connectify Hotspot 2015, generate a hotspot and put the password and Connectify-me information into 3ds;
3- Test the connection, if everything works fine the 3DS IP will appear inside Connectify Hotspot 2015;
5- Open some random page in the 3ds browser to make sure that the 3ds is connected with the PC;

Well, have fun with CFW!

NTenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

It doesn't work, i tried all methods on gbatemp (and other forums too) and ctrclient still don't conect, please HELP!!.

I have a 4gb kingston micro sd.
Installed rednand sucefully.
CFW works (without L button).
WiFi client doesn't conect.
Restarted a thousen times.
Still don't work.
Restarted a million times more.
I get desesperated.
Ctrclient still don't work

Sorry for my terrible english

TheAmazingElec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I keep running into a problem where when I run the bat file, I get getaddrinfo: 11101, N in cmd. I had done every step up until this point correct, installing cfw and finding my 3DS' IP, but it still isn't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol