[3DS CFW] CTRClient keeps failing to connect. How do I prevent this?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by V3NUS_M1NER, Feb 16, 2015.

1. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    I'm trying to get DevMenu installed so I can get emulators and homebrew installed.

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I'm assuming you're not dumb and have evetything set up correctly.

Launch your 3DS into CFW, and go to the internet browser. Type in gbatemp.net and see if it loads properly. When still connected, run run.bat and it should work. Be sure to use Palentine CFW, NOT Govanify.

3. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States

I'm not, I've gotten it before. Got a larger SD card, and have been having trouble with the CFW (freeze, CTRClient...)

4. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Glad I'm not the only one getting this... I started with a 2GB and moved up to an 8GB, and now I can't even seem to Load CFW...

5. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Moved to a 16GB. It loads, then almost immediately freezes. The funny thing is that it resumes as the system's shutting down

6. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    oh i see. I can't even manage to load it..

7. shiduyo

shiduyo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    地獄
    lol I can't get past that error either. I've done everything the instructions said and even checked my connection, but nothing// Such a shame.....

8. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Why are you even trying to run CTRClient at all?

Why not just copy everything from the old card to the new one? You obviously have access to a computer to have been able to copy the required files to the new SD card.

There's no reason for you to need to do the entire setup process again... is there?

9. Maccapowa

Maccapowa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    Italy
    Simply copy/paste dont work with this stuff

Use win32diskimager to create a file .iso of your old sd card, than write this iso on new sd. After this, use EASEus partition manager for restoring the original size of the sd :)

10. Hashtastrophe

Hashtastrophe Wizard

Jan 12, 2015
    Canada
    Yes that kind of wizard.
    With larger SD card sizes the 3DS either freezes in network mode or it doesn't connect correctly to the internet.(And then freezes)

I've been watching my 3DS' connection with various monitoring tools and as soon as the CFW loads the router can't find it any more. Even with the web browser open and loading pages, which I found odd. The router sees the system but isn't assigning an IP to it so nothing else can see it. Tried various routers, all the same result. Tried with linked and unlinked NANDs, cfw's rednand has correct network info.
    Pings stop working as soon as the DS profile is opened and won't work until you reboot back into sysnand.

But it connects fine with a 2GB card. (Problems were happening on an 8 and 16GB card)

11. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    There is if I formatted it for emuNAND 9.5..... But I guess I can format it again

12. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    After formatting both the SD card and my 3DS, I got it to work :)

13. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Same error here.
    Actually, now that I think about it, I had the CFW working on an 8GB card, but when I switched to a 16GB, the problem started. Ugh.

14. ewin00

ewin00 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    Indonesia
    just try Maccapowa method its works and its simple all you need is win32 disk imager andEasus

15. Maccapowa

Maccapowa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    Italy
    Oh, finally someone noticed my post :P

16. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    And your 3DS?..

17. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, hadn't put anything on it, so it didn't bother me. Playing MH3U on CFW now :D

18. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Just tried what you did, STILL doesn't work with my 8GB SD Card. Always crashes (Can't even get it to load once)

19. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Hmm...... I honestly do not know. It worked for me

20. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    I was struggling with this for a while too, I was able to eventually get it to take by turning off my router's firewall AND my windows firewall...and even then it took several attempts before it finally stuck. Something about this step of the process just doesn't seem to work consistently. Obviously, please do yourself a favor and turn back on whatever you needed to turn off when this is done. I suspect other 3rd party firewalls might try and block it as well...