Hacking 3DS CFW apps wont launch after upgrading SD card

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im having an issue with my CFW apps like Homebrew and Anenome and FBI, as well as my 3 downloaded games. Basically, i installed CFW Luma3DS using Bannerbomb3 method, and everything was great, all applications and functions worked fine, but it was the default 2GB SD card. So i decided to upgrade to an 8GB. I copied over all the files, and inserted the new card. Everything loaded, my themes, games, apps, etc. But i cant launch any of them. It just gives me a popup that says "Software could not be launched. Please download again from eshop" The Luma config menu, rosalina menu, and GM9 menu also will not load. Any help on how to fix this would be great. Thanks! :)

Edit: after this process, i went back to the original SD card and it now has the same issue. And after some time some of the titles get removed from home menu. Mostly the CFW titles

Last edited by ALT703,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, im having an issue with my CFW apps like Homebrew and Anenome and FBI, as well as my 3 downloaded games. Basically, i installed CFW Luma3DS using Bannerbomb3 method, and everything was great, all applications and functions worked fine, but it was the default 2GB SD card. So i decided to upgrade to an 8GB. I copied over all the files, and inserted the new card. Everything loaded, my themes, games, apps, etc. But i cant launch any of them. It just gives me a popup that says "Software could not be launched. Please download again from eshop" The Luma config menu, rosalina menu, and GM9 menu also will not load. Any help on how to fix this would be great. Thanks! :)
That is the exact thing that happens after uninstalling CFW. Very strange. The SD has nothing to do with this – B9S is installed to the internal NAND. Did you:
  • Run the "Un-Install Hax" script?
  • Start native firm and online update while Luma3DS was not loaded?
  • Replace boot.firm with native firm?

Reactions: Alexander1970

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the exact thing that happens after uninstalling CFW. Very strange. The SD has nothing to do with this – B9S is installed to the internal NAND. Did you:
  • Run the "Un-Install Hax" script?
  • Start native firm and online update while Luma3DS was not loaded?
  • Replace boot.firm with native firm?
Nope i literally copied the files. It was working on one, but not the other, now the first card has the same issues

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope i literally copied the files. It was working on one, but not the other, now the first card has the same issues
This is the first time I hear that B9S simply vanished. Big
?

Copy+paste from one SD to another literally does nothing to the 3DS. The console is not even involved in the process. Try with a known to be good, FAT32 formatted SD containing nothing but latest Luma3DS (boot.firm).
If it does not show Luma Settings on power on my guess is B9S has disappeared because of ???

You might have to reinstall it. I'm at a loss here. Sorry.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Alexander1970

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I hear that B9S simply vanished. Big
?

Copy+paste from one SD to another literally does nothing to the 3DS. It is not even involved in the process. Try with a known to be good, FAT32 formatted SD containing nothing but latest Luma3DS (boot.firm).
If it does not show Luma Settings on power on my guess is B9S has disappeared because of ???

You might have to reinstall it. I'm at a loss here. Sorry.

Whats annoying is before i thought i HAD to reinstall everything, and i was working on that but kept encountering the same problem. After copying over everything in Bannerbomb 3, it automatically boots into Luma config when its not supposed to until later. I assume this is because it already detects something on the system memory. This causes me to be unable to access Rosalina menu later on in the Download play app when i need it. Even if i select the correct config option (nand something)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whats annoying is before i thought i HAD to reinstall everything, and i was working on that but kept encountering the same problem. After copying over everything in Bannerbomb 3, it automatically boots into Luma config when its not supposed to until later. I assume this is because it already detects something on the system memory. This causes me to be unable to access Rosalina menu later on in the Download play app when i need it. Even if i select the correct config option (nand something)
The NAND string option is quite helpful. Open System Settings to verify:
01.png
02.png

Just to make sure: You have had access to GodMode9, Rosalina Menu and everything before, right?

This is puzzling. How can B9S disappear spontaneously? Are there any more pieces of information you can give?

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND string option is quite helpful. Open System Settings to verify:
View attachment 198612 View attachment 198613

Just to make sure: You have had access to GodMode9, Rosalina Menu and everything before, right?

This is puzzling. How can B9S disappear spontaneously? Are there any more pieces of information you can give?
Yes they both worked before. Nand string said sys before copying files, now says ver on both SD cards. The only thing i can thing of is i have an old 3ds, (uses full size SD card) but i used a micro SD card inside an adapter for an SD card, not a real full size SD card but that shouldnt matter.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes they both worked before. Nand string said sys before copying files, now says ver on both SD cards. The only thing i can thing of is i have an old 3ds, (uses full size SD card) but i used a micro SD card inside an adapter for an SD card, not a real full size SD card but that shouldnt matter.
Cheap adapters can have contact issues and a full sized SD is better if you have one. But this does not explain any of this. An SD problem does not uninstall CFW.

If you finished the guide and there were contact issues now, B9S would fall back to the boot.firm on CTRNAND – and if you didn't copy the file to NAND the 3DS would not turn on in case the SD could not be read (blue LED on, fading off, nothing).

Sorry. No idea.¹ Anyone else?

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheap adapters can have contact issues and a full sized SD is better if you have one. But this does not explain any of this. An SD problem does not uninstall CFW.

If you finished the guide and there were contact issues now, B9S would fall back to the boot.firm on CTRNAND – and if you didn't copy the file to NAND the 3DS would not turn on in case the SD could not be read (blue LED on, fading off, nothing).

Sorry. No idea.¹ Anyone else?

Agh alright. Well what do need to uninstall besides deleting SD card files? Or fix the issue where Luma config pops up too early?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.