3ds Bricked? Blue light fades Please Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WiiKiing, Feb 4, 2017.

1. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    I was having problems getting free shop installed so thought I would try and fix the issue by doing a ctr transfer and starting fresh.

I was on firm 11.2 for a Japanese region console and accidently ctr transferred 9.2 eur version firm. Having said that I have made that mistake in the past with no problems. However this time when rebooting the system the blue light came on then faded away soon after. This continues to happen every time I try to turn the system on. It wont boot in to Hourglass, decrypt9 or god mode nor can I get it to boot in to safe mode. Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Does it fade or just turn off and is there a popping noise coming from the speaker?

3. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    No poping noise just fades away after a second or 2

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I was about to post this but based on his description above I don't undestand how the file could've disappeared on it's own. It's not a fresh install of A9LH or anything of the sort.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    True, but I was thinking the "starting fresh" could have involved deleting everything from the SD card. But now that I think about it, he wouldn't have been able to launch Decrypt9/Hourglass9 without it, and the process doesn't wipe the SD card, hmm....

Maybe a corrupted SD card? @WiiKiing, if adding arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card doesn't work, please try another SD card and/or test your current SD card using H2testw.

7. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    arm9loaderhax.bin is still there as is arm9.bin and arm9loaderhax.bin.bak I will try putting a fresh file on incase it became corrupt or something

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

didn't work. I forgot to mention can't boot in to Luma either

I am currently testing the card as suggested but this is taking some time as you would expect. I transferred my back up files to another card and yay can boot in to decrypt9. thanks for all your help everyone

now I just have to get something running on it again, any idease how to get a menue system up and running on a jap unit which has just finished a eur ctr transfer... should I just go to the region changing guide and start at the start?