3ds Blue Screen "Bootm Rom 8046"

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by devilhunter1990, Mar 14, 2016.

1. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Greetings,

I was trying to hardmod my "New 3ds XL" and when I was soldering the CLK point, sadly the CLK point was tiny and my solder iron probably is not suited for it. Anyways, I disconnected all wires, only to find out it doesnt boot anymore. Im getting this error "8046" which indicates nand is not available!!!

I soon noticed two mini capacitors are missing (please have a look at my attachment) but not sure if these two is responsible to power it on.

I have been looking for a spare board, if it happens you have a broken new 3ds xl let me know.

Also, it would be very helpful to know the missing capacitors values. If somebody knows where to find new 3ds xl diagram, please let me know.

If your gonna play your gonna pay ;) Im not an expert in soldering, but I warn you CLK point is hellish.

FYI, my unit is pal, and it has a different nand chip but the same layout.
    Regards.

Attached Files:

• 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      533.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by devilhunter1990, Mar 14, 2016

2. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Could you please put in here the rest of the error? The four hex numbers.

devilhunter1990 likes this.
  3. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    jpn_noemmc_boot_top.jpg

Last edited by devilhunter1990, Mar 28, 2016
  4. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Seems to be you did a very bad job soldering the wires. Can you make a photo of the actual board?
    If you manage to desolder those capacitors then maybe the board got too hot and you desoldered some pins from the mmc chip, too. You would have to reball that chip if that's the case.

If you even say that you're not an expert in soldering why did you do it then? You need decent equipment to do a hard mod and a 5$ soldering iron is not enough for this task.

Edit: I'm not an expert with micro electronics but aren't those resistors and not capacitors? Because if those are you could try to make a solder bridge on them. You would slightly increase the voltage on those

Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 14, 2016
    devilhunter1990 likes this.
  5. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    I did many hardware mods to the xbox and ps brands. I thought clk point was easy to fix. Its impossible for the solder iron to melt the solder of MMC chip. I sent it to a guy who does smart phones repairs. Hopefully he can put these capacitors together.

I do believe the solder iron tip touched the capacitors, or they broke off when I was brushing the board. Either way I have to find similar capacitors and put them together.

If you have a spare board, let me know.

Thanks for the help.

GothicIII likes this.
  6. BasedIndex

BasedIndex Hey, that's pretty good!

Dec 18, 2015
    Russia
    sysnand
    Mate there's an alternative and a lot nicer clk on n3dsxl on the other side of the board.
    Check my thread on hardmod.
    Cheers.

edit:
    found the photo reference I used.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by BasedIndex, Mar 14, 2016
  7. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016

Would be nice if this was available when I was modding it. Thanks for the input btw.

8. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    I don't know how do you even managed to get this far, but you are getting a "NAND not found error" so somehow you disconnected your nand from the rest of the hardware. Check carefully the clk, as the nand could be not powering properly, Good luck with that.

I recommend you to post a picture of the solder points in your motherboard asap.

astronautlevel likes this.
  9. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Told you, I sent the board to a repair shop, hes going to place the missing capacitors. Im going to call him and ask him when hes going to be ready.

Btw, my board doesnt look "terible" as you are imagining. I shouldnt brush the board I guess :C
    Ty.

10. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Here is an update, fixed the capacitors and the result is THE SAME

Fuck this 3ds

Attached Files:

11. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Anyone?

12. mgrev

mgrev Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic

GBAtemp Patron
    mgrev is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    yes, clk is indeed hell. i broke off 2 capacitors from my o3ds motherboard when i was going to hardmod

13. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    I bought another board, will keep this if something happens in the future.

Regards.

14. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    the new board works? where'd you buy it, i'm glad that my soldering wassen't the problem when i hard modded my new 3ds xl, i had issues with the reader and adapter compability, but managed to fix it all up. but knowing where to get another board and stuff could still be usefull for the future.

15. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Can I share ebay links? its 30$ now, free shipping. My board looks fine, no idea why the hellish shit is giving me this error. A friend of mine told me its possible that an IC got friend and prevents the nand from reading. Who knows AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

16. mgrev

mgrev Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic

GBAtemp Patron
    mgrev is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    yes, ebay links are fine. everything is ok as long as it doesn't contain Warez.(roms etc.)

17. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
  18. Dennis G

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
  19. devilhunter1990
    OP

devilhunter1990 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    its more expensive than ebay

damn

20. Dennis G

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    i'm in europe and i wanna mod my 3ds to have a ironman-ish look, so i wanted to get the majora's mask bottom plate and golden top lcd face, and the rest in us-new 3ds xl red, and combine that, since in europe they only have grey and blue and in america grey and red. i found a complete set of red shell for the new 3ds xl on ebay for only 30 dollars but shipping + import fee's make it a total of 80 dollars -.-