Gaming 3DS Ambassador transfer to modded 3DS XL help.

TonyFerrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have an original 1st run 3DS with ambassador account and added games on there that were given free. I've just purchased a modded 3DS XL, and was wondering how I can get the ambassador stuff onto that system. I read that system transfer essentially wipes the target system, so I assume that will wipe all the modded stuff, which I don't want to happen. Best to just let it be and wipe the old system? (I will be selling it on). Or, if I assign my Nintendo ID that I have on the older 3DS to the new modded one, will I be able to redownload them there? Complete newb with all this stuff, so thanks for any help.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I have an original 1st run 3DS with ambassador account and added games on there that were given free. I've just purchased a modded 3DS XL, and was wondering how I can get the ambassador stuff onto that system. I read that system transfer essentially wipes the target system, so I assume that will wipe all the modded stuff, which I don't want to happen. Best to just let it be and wipe the old system? (I will be selling it on). Or, if I assign my Nintendo ID that I have on the older 3DS to the new modded one, will I be able to redownload them there? Complete newb with all this stuff, so thanks for any help.
A transfer will and can not wipe a boot9straped 3ds

TonyFerrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All legit stuff
Ah ok....so there is no way it will wipe out the mod and all the installed games? It doesn't wipe what is on there?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm reading this and it suggests stuff will be wiped. This is off the nintendo page.
During the transfer, data that is saved on the target unit's system memory is deleted entirely, and is replaced by the source system's data. If there are photographs or audio data saved to the target system's memory, please copy these to an SD Card prior to performing the system transfer.

Important notice regarding downloadable software:

• After the transfer, downloaded software or save data which was stored on the SD Card of the target system can no longer be used. This means that any content you have already downloaded to your new system will be overwritten when you transfer data from your old system. However, as the Nintendo eShop accounts are integrated into one during the transfer, software can be re-downloaded from Nintendo eShop.

TonyFerrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if there is no nintendo account on the modded system (just has a look and it seems to be telling me to create a new one), then it should be relatively ok? I just seriously don't want to wipe the new console....lol....sorry if i'm being paranoid.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if there is no nintendo account on the modded system (just has a look and it seems to be telling me to create a new one), then it should be relatively ok? I just seriously don't want to wipe the new console....lol....sorry if i'm being paranoid.
I have given up on u

TonyFerrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have given up on u
Don't do that....you could just clarify instead of sending me links that says the same information. That link says "For the most part, information on the target system (system being transferred to) will be overwritten by the information on the source system (system being transferred from)." So what is exactly being overwritten? All the mods and games that are on the target system, or save data, photos etc? You can see why i'm confused, surely? You say it doesn't overwrite the mods, but the words from Nintendo say that the information on the target system will be overwritten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg