3ds 2.0: what flashcards can upgrade from pc?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 4k1r4, Jun 14, 2011.

Jun 14, 2011
  1. 4k1r4
    OP

Newcomer 4k1r4 Newbie

Switzerland
    hello,
    I have recklessly updated 3ds my son's 3DS to the new firmware.
    we have a CycloDS IEVo that, of course, no longer works, because it was in DS mode ......
    now I have neither a DS or a DS .....
    I don't know how to SWITCH my IEVo to DSi mode.....
    I would like to know what FC can only be updated from a PC to work on 3DS 2.0, so i can buy it.

thx

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I don't think any flashcard can be manually updated through the PC. Some can be updated through a USB style.
    Why not just try borrowing a friend's DSi?

3. 4k1r4
    OP

Newcomer 4k1r4 Newbie

Switzerland
    we live in the mountains and there are neither shops nor near other guys who can lend a DSi
    I have found only a DS, but with the DS can not do the switch of IEVo

4. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The iEvo has an update dongle that you use to to update the firmware on it using the PC for power.

For your situation you'll have to go with a M3iZero which uses an external dongle to initiate the firmware update.

Also the Supercard DStwo now has some bizarre way of doing the 3DS update even if you're on v2.0

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8832-1-1.html

Note the 'wait 3 minutes even though we give you no feedback'. So patience is a virtue with that upgrade [​IMG]

Though I also just noticed you have a DS available, every cart known to work at this point has a DS compatible update so just pick n choose as you desire.

5. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    The M3i Zero uses a USB Cable to update... (i know what im talking about because i own one)

if you get a pre-GMP-Z003 version (its not the gmp-z003, the normal one) you can use the Quad Boot by Catboy... and its very good i must say [​IMG]

6. 4k1r4
    OP

Newcomer 4k1r4 Newbie

Switzerland
    http://www.chipspain.com/en/consoles-451/n...-lite-2983.html

i found this one...... it's right???
    if I understand correctly, with this card, as soon as I get a new one , I can do the upgrade to work for my 3DS 2.0 without need to borrow a DS or a DS, but doing everything directly from the PC, right?

7. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    Yes, its that one... you just need to download lastest F_Core.dat if im not confusing things

anyway.. be aware... that if you get GMP-Z003... the Sakura Kernel... wasnt been updated for like 2 months.... :S

8. 4k1r4
    OP

Newcomer 4k1r4 Newbie

Switzerland
    ok thx, now i see also the bizarre way of doing the 3DS update on DStwo......
    hum......
    maybe it's better DStwo...... i'll see........

I'm just sorry for my IEVo I can not find the right solution to make it work also does not seem to me that the TC is working to solve this problem .....

Thx to all [​IMG]