Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

ProjectZ83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to worry about then. We just got to wait for the payload to be updated to be able to use Homebrew Launcher again. NTR was another thing that broke but that got updated.
okay thanks normally when the 3ds boots up it'll show a Nintendo 3ds thing but when I booted up it didn't do that means I have A9LH correct

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blarg. It runs pretty wll on O3DS. There are other emulators for SNES, but I csnt think of too many outside of Retroarch.

I know emulators can play it but I was talking about the cia versions of snes games. Only them can be used on a n3ds which kinda sucks but it doesn't really bother me since there isn't a whole lot of snes games that I would play.

ProjectZ83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know emulators can play it but I was talking about the cia versions of snes games. Only them can be used on a n3ds which kinda sucks but it doesn't really bother me since there isn't a whole lot of snes games that I would play.
I do have a NANDmin.bin backup on my flash drive but that's it

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I meant .cia versions of SNES emulators. You should try plaing games you've never played or romhacks. I really like the FE and Chrono Trigger translation/hacks, as well as Feda. Maybe when you get bored?

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant .cia versions of SNES emulators. You should try plaing games you've never played or romhacks. I really like the FE and Chrono Trigger translation/hacks, as well as Feda. Maybe when you get bored?

Oooooh. That's what you meant. I'll probably do that after I've ran out of gba hacks to play xD

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by Emenaria,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have a NANDmin.bin backup on my flash drive but that's it

If that backup was recent, then it would be on 11.2. I see no reason to restore it other than using the homebrew launcher again. Even then, a lot of the homebrew apps such as jksm also have a cia version which you can install with FBI and run them without needing to have access to homebrew.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so Ive scrolled through this thread and have see some conflicting information. I am on sys 11.2.0-35u and I believe I have the luma cfw, I have the Luma updated on my home menu.

I have a9lh and I have taken a sysnand backup with hourglass9.

I understand that it's safe to update to 11.3 with the built in system updater? Will hourglass9 (power+ start button) still work, and can I restore my backup by using hourglass9

Will I lose my installed cias (dumped from gamecarts I actually own) and/or their save files?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProjectZ83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that backup was recent, then it would be on 11.2. I see no reason to restore it other than using the homebrew launcher again. Even then, a lot of the homebrew apps such as jksm also have a cia version which you can install with FBI and run them without needing to have access to homebrew.
I put homebrew on my ds at like the beginning of January so the backup must be 11.2

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so Ive scrolled through this thread and have see some conflicting information. I am on sys 11.2.0-35u and I believe I have the luma cfw, I have the Luma updated on my home menu.

I have a9lh and I have taken a sysnand backup with hourglass9.

I understand that it's safe to update to 11.3 with the built in system updater? Will hourglass9 (power+ start button) still work, and can I restore my backup by using hourglass9

Will I lose my installed cias (dumped from gamecarts I actually own) and/or their save files?

Is there anything else I need to know?

It is perfectly safe to update through system settings since you have a9lh + luma3ds. Hourglass9 will still boot up just fine after the update.

You will not lose any of your cia's or any of your save files for them games.

The only thing that broke is the homebrew launcher. Until the payload has been updated, we cannot use it on 11.3. NTR was another thing that broke but that got fixed roughly 2 hours after the system update was released.

Reactions: xerces

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is perfectly safe to update through system settings since you have a9lh + luma3ds. Hourglass9 will still boot up just fine after the update.

The only thing that broke is the homebrew launcher. Until the payload has been updated, we cannot use it on 11.3. NTR was another thing that broke but that got fixed roughly 2 hours after the system update was released.

Where can i download the new NTR?

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. The only "homebrew" I use is the Luma updater, JKSV and FBI (all as a .cia files), just to clarify, those will be okay too?

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can i download the new NTR?

https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. The only "homebrew" I use is the Luma updater, JKSV and FBI (all as a .cia files), just to clarify, those will be okay too?

They work just fine. Like I said, the only thing that broke was Homebrew Launcher and NTR. NTR has been fixed but we are still waiting on the payload for the Homebrew Launcher.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They work just fine. Like I said, the only thing that broke was Homebrew Launcher and NTR. NTR has been fixed but we are still waiting on the payload for the Homebrew Launcher.

Just wanted to make sure, again the reply is appreciated, thanks so much.

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If your Health And Safety app shows the FBI logo still, then you skipped a step. You are supposed to reinject the .hs back once you get done installing all your cias like HBL, FBI and LumaUpdater
This concerns me a little.
My reading comprehension sucked while I followed the guide and I thought I could skip that step since it said something between those lines so I still have FBI in my H&S. Not that it was an issue, I mean, who actually reads that.

Buuut reading you makes me think my 3ds will explode or something if I update while having this step skipped.
Then I again I updated all the way up to 11.2 so I don't know why I'm freaking out now...

Last edited by AkitoUF,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see Luma still rocking. Seems like all homebrew works, just getting into the HBL is busted. I have 3 people in my house not adept to how homebrew works, they just know they have games they play together and sometimes it bugs to update the console. So I do not have to worry about them updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь