Hardware 3D Print faceplates for N3DS?

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody tried this? I love the look of the ambassador plates, however they're priced ludicrously on Ebay. A friend of mine has a 3D printer and has agreed to print me a set if I can find a template online. Anybody know where I can find one?

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy. Make a 3D model of it yourself. ;)
In all seriousness, though, as long as you can get a good look at it with accurate measurements, it shouldn't be too hard to make your own model in Blender or Maya.

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Easy. Make a 3D model of it yourself. ;)
In all seriousness, though, as long as you can get a good look at it with accurate measurements, it shouldn't be too hard to make your own model.

I would make a model myself, but I don't have the slightest clue how :P. My friend is interstate and is going to mail the end result to me, but I'd rather not ship mine there to him and be without faceplates in the mean time.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a little looking and found nothing.

looking at them it looks do-able. I would try modeling one myself but without the n3ds or a faceplate it would be hard and I wouldn't know if it worked.

if you could get me some dimensions I might try but I have no way to test them... and I am not very good at modelling but I do have a printer so I could at least get a proof of concept.

out of curiosity do you know what printer your friend has?

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a little looking and found nothing.

looking at them it looks do-able. I would try modeling one myself but without the n3ds or a faceplate it would be hard and I wouldn't know if it worked.

if you could get me some dimensions I might try but I have no way to test them... and I am not very good at modelling but I do have a printer so I could at least get a proof of concept.

out of curiosity do you know what printer your friend has?

General dimensions aren't an issue, it's the curve on the inside. I haven't got anything on hand to measure it with. I'll see if I can find a protractor tomorrow (it's 4AM here) and I'll let you know what I come up with.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once someone makes one making custom ones will be simple. thingiverse even allows you to make customization options for things like designs and letters.

katesensei

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this topic is a little old, but we 3D print blank plates for the new 3DS - We've also made a few simple custom plates too :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/chompworks

Only the top cover is in the store currently, we've also modelled the base but ccurrently trying to source the little screws.

Here's a sonic plate we made for someone this week -
dqfUwgX.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill