[360] Odd breed of Corona's finally buckled by TX.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It seems that a couple of Corona v6's (as well as some rare v4's and v5's) had trouble booting to XeLL.
Naturally, TX has set up a thread asking the community for similar experiences.
As of the now, after weeks of figuring it out, they finally cracked it!
The culprit was a new RAM type found in those Coronas.

2kb.jpg
This RAM, made by Winbond has caused a problem in the current known RGH timings.
TX has said that the solution to this problem won't be tied to their new and upcoming CR4 XL.
TX said:
I will also confirm that this solution will not be tied to just the CR4 XL – it will be released so that every glitch device can use it. Call it a parting gift from Team Xecuter to the 360 scene.

With the release of the CR4 XL, TX wil depart from the 360 scene.
The CR4 XL is said to be the final glitching solution made by them, current tests have revealed that it's their fasted chip ever, booting consoles that where previously unglitchable or hard to glitch.
It's to be replacing the current (now out of production) R-JTAG for Phats and CR3 Pro for Slims)

Personally, I'm very excited for the CR4.
I'll deffo order one and try it out for meself.
With the CR4, I'll also be able to finalize me guide on the 360.

Source: TX website

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So it's basically a chip that can boot any xbox360, no matter the version or revision? (sorry if this sounds way too obvious, but I'm not very familiar with the technical terms)

If so...that's pretty nice. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Previously, the glitch chips worked fine for Falcon/Jasper/Opus Phats (175w and 150w PSU's) up until dash revision 15xxx.
Slims had the CR3 and Slim proto (still have the Slim proto) that worked regardless of dash version.
Early Xenons where limited to RGH on 14699, but where only used for rescuing DVD keys from the board as it was far to unreliable.
Zephyrs suffered from unglitchable states or agonizing long boot times.
The new redesigned Slims (Corona v5 and v6) where glitchable with the CR3 and Slim Proto, except for those Winbond RAM ones.

The CR4 is said to eliminate every problem with every 360 made to date.
I can imagine TX not spending much effort on Xenons as those boxes are rare these days (they RRoD to quickly, along with Zephyrs)

But for people buying 2nd hand Slims/phatties or new Slims/redesigned ones, it's looking incredibly promising.
CR4 has fewer wires to solder as well!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had the PS360 not had the Wii U to kill it might almost have been ended. Still this gives me hope there might be an option for hackable 360s basically forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.