chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
A bud of mines is considering modding his 360 but before he goes out and gets a modchip and such I was wondering what you guys recommend. I know nothing of 360's being the fanboy i am soo if possible are that any that work alongside xbox live?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I've heard the chips get you banned from live. The cheapest way is to flash the drive chip. Make sure you get the ixtreme firmware if its a samsung drive, as it makes sure you don't get banned while your on live.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All modchips and firmware hacks apart from the ixtreme firmware have caused Xbox360's to be banned from XboxLIVE.

There is nothing to say that Microsoft won't determine a way to ban those Xbox's modded with the ixtreme sometime in the future.

Basically if your mate cares at all about XboxLIVE then I would recommend not modding your 360. Once the Xbox is banned it is banned for good and the only way back onto LIVE with your account is to buy a new 360.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sooo should I tell him to just wait? also, does it ban updates too or just multiplayer?

It's really up to him if he want's to do it or not, just give him the facts.
He could always do what I do, now my first 360 is banned I own 2, I play backups on the banned system and go on LIVE with original games on my new 360. You just switch the harddrive between the consoles to keep using the same profile. But that's not exactly the cheapest option!
tongue.gif

If your Xbox360 gets banned from LIVE then you are banned from EVERYTHING, you cannot connect to the internet service.
This includes multiplayer, game updates, Arcade Games, demos, everything...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol