Gaming 3 Things the 3DS REALLY needs :P

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
AndroidDem0man said:
Edit:(reply to 1st idea) Iphone doesnt have flash cause apple are to gay because they dont wanna pay adobe
A Gay Little Catboy's gay too but he's a cool guy. He's very respected on the Temp and doesn't afraid of anything.

In other words, watch your wording.
yeah i wasnt really trying to like offend him or anything, He ttied to hepl me with something on my m3 real i think before. lol we had a little talk abotu the m3 in a pm, He Is a cool guy. Wasnt trying to offend him just so everyone knows.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ikki said:
The other things are just stupid. It's a gaming system, not a computer.
Well... On the 3DS prerelease day this winter they told us that "it isn't only a gaming system, but a whole new Media platform", with Netflix, Shaun the Sheep et cetera. So it is some kind of letdown.

But whatever. I still think the browser is great
yaynds.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
The only thing from that list the 3DS needs is a messaging system.

I dunno what the hell you're talking about. It should ALSO be able to shine my shoes, make me breakfast, fix my car, travel through time, punch dead kittens, AND be able to travel at speeds up to 66 miles per hour.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Schlupi said:
Ikki said:

I dunno what the hell you're talking about. It should ALSO be able to shine my shoes, make me breakfast, fix my car, travel through time, punch dead kittens, AND be able to travel at speeds up to 66 miles per hour.
it should be able to emulate the ps3/xbox360 and the psv too
it should be able to pull me inside the game and it should be able to warp you wherever you wanna go, print you money and create anything you want

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantigo said:
Why must EVERYTHING be a smartphone nowadays!?! I mean seriously you sound like CNET.
Its not an iPod Touch people.

1. The browser was made for quick info. Not "HEY GUYS LETS WATCH SOME NEWGROUNDS VIDEOS LOLOLOL". Thats kinda why it was made to run with games in the background.

2. Do we really need an IRC room? I mean cmon you talk to random people.

3. This is actually something practical and should have been there from release. Im not sure about sending pictures but we do need a PM box or PicoChat for the friend list.

Bla bla bla.

You know, even simplest mobile phones nowadays have alarm clock, calendar, calculator and some Tetris or Snake clone. Most of them have simple built-in cameras and play MP3s. Why ? Because a.) it's fucking convenient b.) it's very easy to implement. Personally, I couldn't care less about Flash, but a decent video player, a Youtube app and some kind of chat are really a must. Not everyone has a smartphone and ability to watch a movie on your 3DS would be very nice. Unfortunately, Nintendo has always sucked when it comes to added value and online functionality in general...

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- original games because the old psp is almost as much appealing technically
- lower price and XL revision
- oh yeah.. homebrews
smile.gif

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Zantigo said:
Why must EVERYTHING be a smartphone nowadays!?! I mean seriously you sound like CNET.
Its not an iPod Touch people.

1. The browser was made for quick info. Not "HEY GUYS LETS WATCH SOME NEWGROUNDS VIDEOS LOLOLOL". Thats kinda why it was made to run with games in the background.

2. Do we really need an IRC room? I mean cmon you talk to random people.

3. This is actually something practical and should have been there from release. Im not sure about sending pictures but we do need a PM box or PicoChat for the friend list.

Bla bla bla.

you know, even simplest mobile phones nowadays have alarm clock, calendar, calculator and some Tetris or Snake clone. Most of them have simple built-in cameras and play MP3s. Oh ya the 3DS totally doesnt have a camera or MP3 player. Why ? Because a.) it's fucking convenient b.) it's very easy to implement. Oh yes because im sure its simple to design your systems hard and software to run a video player and also get the rights to use those formats along with redoing your whole basic firmware. Ya SIMPLE.Personally, I couldn't care less about Flash Then your whining because?, but a decent video player it has one built in we just dont have a format and method of loading our own videos, a Youtube app You know NOBODY ever said youtube should be on EVERYTHING till the iPhone came out. and some kind of chat are really a must. DIDNT I AGREE WITH THE FACT WE NEEDED SOME WAY TO CHAT!? Not everyone has a smartphone No shit. But guess what. everyone has a PC or Mac (or linux
tongue.gif
) and you can get your youtube and video player from that.
and ability to watch a movie on your 3DS would be very nice. I thought we were getting NETFLIX for that. Unfortunately, Nintendo has always sucked when it comes to added value and online functionality in general... Maybe they realized theres this amazing called GAMES. You know? That stuff you wanted when you bought a 3DS? Its called a trade off stupid. You buy a smartphone and you get a radiation machine that you can do a bunch of stuff on till you realize theres barely any games worth your 5 dollars. OR you buy a simple game system that plays games and has basic funtionality for all the other things but get a massive game library that at least has over 50 games worth your 40 bucks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Ikki said:

How DARE you even suggest the 3DS go slower than the Delorean when time travelling
angry.gif
!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Schlupi said:
Ikki said:

I'd go as far as to want it to kick little kids.

Anything beyond that is just too much.

Even though I like the breakfast one.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantigo said:
Oh ya the 3DS totally doesnt have a camera or MP3 player.
The point was: even the simplest $50 cellphones do more than simply making & receiving calls. So it's not ridiculous to expect more from 3DS than just playing games.

Zantigo said:
Oh yes because im sure its simple to design your systems hard and software to run a video player and also get the rights to use those formats along with redoing your whole basic firmware. Ya SIMPLE.
Already DS was perfectly able to play videos with homebrew MoonShell, so your argument about designing hardware in a special way is baseless.
Apart from that, 3DS already plays videos, just doesn't allow people to record them - and that's why I'm complaining.
Apart from that, what's the f---ing problem with buying licenses ? Nokia, Siemens, Samsung, Motorola, everybody can afford them for their phones, and Nintendo is too poor ? Not even mentioning that they already possess licenses for the ActImagine/Mobiclip codec for a very long time. Or that they can use free MotionJPEG.

QUOTE(Zantigo @ Jun 17 2011, 07:58 PM)
Maybe they realized theres this amazing called GAMES. You know? That stuff you wanted when you bought a 3DS?
Apart from DoA, there hasn't been any truly amazing game for 3DS so far. Zelda is nothing "amazing" or "breathtaking" either.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Zantigo said:
Maybe they realized theres this amazing called GAMES. You know? That stuff you wanted when you bought a 3DS?
Apart from DoA, there hasn't been any truly amazing game for 3DS so far. Zelda is nothing "amazing" or "breathtaking" either.
That's completely a matter of opinion.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Zantigo said:
Oh ya the 3DS totally doesnt have a camera or MP3 player.
The point was: even the simplest $50 cellphones do more than simply making & receiving calls. So it's not ridiculous to expect more from 3DS than just playing games.

Zantigo said:
Oh yes because im sure its simple to design your systems hard and software to run a video player and also get the rights to use those formats along with redoing your whole basic firmware. Ya SIMPLE.
Already DS was perfectly able to play videos with homebrew MoonShell, so your argument about designing hardware in a special way is baseless.
Apart from that, 3DS already plays videos, just doesn't allow people to record them - and that's why I'm complaining.
Apart from that, what's the f---ing problem with buying licenses ? Nokia, Siemens, Samsung, Motorola, everybody can afford them for their phones, and Nintendo is too poor ? Not even mentioning that they already possess licenses for the ActImagine/Mobiclip codec for a very long time. Or that they can use free MotionJPEG.

QUOTE(Zantigo @ Jun 17 2011, 07:58 PM)

You know what I see here. I see someone who got a game system expecting some kind of godly smartphone from a company thats never been known for tons of features an graphics on thier system and so you complain about it on some indie game forum thats home to a crap load of people who work with flashcarts and such. And for what? You think they will add these because you said they should? Guess what. They didnt and even IF they plan on putting these in then what? Someones going to say they need this other thing or that other thing and it never ends. They didnt put it in. Live with it. And if your gonna make something like this then be realistic. Nintendo would never put a youtube app on ANYTHING. Maybe this will chanfe you never know. But for now its what you see what you get. And its that simple. As I said before we dont need a flash player and youtube and crap on a game system.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantigo said:
You know what I see here. I see someone who got a game system expecting some kind of godly smartphone from a company thats never been known for tons of features an graphics on thier system and so you complain about it on some indie game forum thats home to a crap load of people who work with flashcarts and such. And for what? You think they will add these because you said they should? Guess what. They didnt and even IF they plan on putting these in then what? Someones going to say they need this other thing or that other thing and it never ends. They didnt put it in. Live with it. And if your gonna make something like this then be realistic. Nintendo would never put a youtube app on ANYTHING. Maybe this will chanfe you never know. But for now its what you see what you get. And its that simple. As I said before we dont need a flash player and youtube and crap on a game system.

There is nothing "godly" or "smartphonish" about the simple ability to record videos and play them off the SD card.

And I agree that the whole thread is mostly pointless, as Nintendo will never read it, neither will they take these complains into account. But this makes your complains about my complains even more pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0