3 PlayStation Move Navigation Controllers only work when connected to the PS3 via USB

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I ordered 3 PS Move Navigation controllers from 3 different websites and they only work when connected to my PS3's USB ports, not via wireless. How is this even possible?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a battery issue, the new one will have the same problem, as the batteries are the same age. They probably sold it because they didn't want to change the batteries.

18500 can be used as replacements. Just keep the original plug attachment, when you detach it from the original battery cell.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it's a battery issue, the new one will have the same problem, as the batteries are the same age. They probably sold it because they didn't want to change the batteries.

18500 can be used as replacements. Just keep the original plug attachment, when you detach it from the original battery cell.

But at least they could have told that. This way they're fooling customers.

Unfortunately, it's very hard for me to change the battery.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's something wrong with the xregistry. I think that file governs bluetooth connections. though, I don't know that for 100%.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm guessing it's something wrong with the xregistry. I think that file governs bluetooth connections. though, I don't know that for 100%.

But I only have problems with these controllers, not with my DualShock 3 and PS Move Motion controller. Also, I had this problem on my previous PS3 which had another HDD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my suggestion is to go into the recovery menu, then select the option to go through initial setup again, don't sync any other controllers, then try to sync the move controllers.

Reactions: zfreeman

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well, the xregistry is on the hdd with slims. it's either that or something is wrong with those move controllers.

Well, I think I may have downloaded xregistry from one HDD and uploaded it to another. Also, could you lend me a hand here?

my suggestion is to go into the recovery menu, then select the option to go through initial setup again, don't sync any other controllers, then try to sync the move controllers.

Which setting is that? I have a PS Move Charging Station and when I put the controller, the red LED doesn't constantly blink unlike the PS Move Motion controllers' so does that mean it's really the battery that's screwed up?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the battery. it's restore factory defaults. it will recreate the xregistry, but you'll have to go through initial setup again as if the system was new. it won't delete stuff on your hdd.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
could be the battery. it's restore factory defaults. it will recreate the xregistry, but you'll have to go through initial setup again as if the system was new. it won't delete stuff on your hdd.

So, will it reset the settings? If so, I already did it to try to fix another issue I was having and it didn't fix it. What if I simply delete the xregistry file using IRISMAN?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. even if you format the drive, the xregistry still remains, unless it's done on a computer. the system just writes over the previous xregistry with new information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1