Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
on my desktop I can press up to 3 keys at once, but on my laptop, I can only press 2 at once, the third one will not respond. This is terrible for Emulated games, anyone know of any solutions? ZSNES 151 BTW.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could rewire the keyboard to support n-key rollover. Other than that, your best option is to just use a gamepad. Alternatively you could also go through all of the different key combinations on the keyboard until you can find setups that do let you use 3 keys at once.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laptops have cheaper quality keyboards then a full fledged one, use the arrow keys, they are usually separated from the rest of the keys
edit:on my old laptop, the f-keys were separated too, in case you need l / r

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Like Javacat said, try pressing different combinations of keys, you'll find that it does respond to certain 3-key combinations. It's just the way the keyboard is wired. For example, my keyboard can detect Q, W and A pressed simultaneously, but not Q, W and S (it ignores the S).

This doesn't help your problem, though. You could customize the controls to include the key combinations that the keyboard can detect, but those are wildly impractical for gaming.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to people so far.
Solution: a gamepad. Although I do not especially like PS2 controllers they are great for emulation as you can normally map a few choice commands to them and adapters go for about £10 US these days.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the purists will disagree with me on this, but I have a wireless 360 controller for which I bought the PC receiver. I really like it.

Also, if you don't already have one, consider spending the extra cash to pick up a PS3 controller. You could always use it if you get a PS3 later and it's really quite good for emulation in my experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over