3 KEY questions about arm9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PECONAUT, Apr 21, 2016.

1. PECONAUT
    OP

PECONAUT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Three key question that I have about arm9lhax. I have to backups and successful did it.

How do I upgrade my SdCard? Go from a 16gb to 32gb

How do I get rid of the hack and go back to stock? If I wanted to send it to Nintendo

If I get rid of it. What would be an easy way to get it back

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you don't use emuNAND just copy the files to the new card.
    If you do then you can either clone the card with Win32DiskImager and extend the FAT32 partition or create an emuNAND on the new card and flash the emuNAND backup to it with emuNAND9 then copy over the files.

Only way to remove arm9loaderhax is using a NAND backup from before you installed it so make sure you keep your NAND backup safe.

As long as you have your OTP.bin you can easily reinstall a9lh with SafeA9LHInstaller.

3. cavolo

cavolo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2015
    France
    Hi

1/ If using updated sysnand -> copy/paste sd content to the new sd, else you have to move your emunand, then the content
    2/ Flash sysnand backup
    3/ if they update, hack it, downgrade, etc ... (or hardmod and restore sysnand hacked with a9lh)

e: :ph34r:

4. sweatbox

sweatbox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Gambia, The
    If you are in updated SysNAND you have only to copy all files from the 16GB SD-Card to the 32GB SD-Card.
    If you have Emu-/RedNAND you need to Format the 32GB SD-Card with EmuNand9. Then you have to Backup your current Emu-/RedNAND and copy all stuff from the 16GB SD-Card to the 32GB SD-Card. Now restore your backuped Emu-/RedNAND to your Emu-/RedNAND and you are finished.

To go back to stock just flash your nand.bin Backup from your 9.2 Sysnand-Backup pre a9lh.

Till you have your consolespecific OTP and you are still on 9.2 SysNAND just go into your prefered Homebrewlaucher-Entrypoint, start MiniPasta and reenter the Homebrewlaucher. Now install it with the SafeA9LHInstaller again.

Regards

5. Zan'

Zan' 2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F

Oct 8, 2015
    If you want to send it in for whatever reason.
    Make a NAND Dump of your A9LH-NAND.
    Flash a NAND backup of a no-A9LH-NAND.
    Now you are basically stock.
    If you want A9LH simply flash your A9LH-NAND onto it again or use SafeA9LHInstaller with your previously dumped OTP.bin

6. PECONAUT
    OP

PECONAUT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Thank guys. We should have a general arm9loaderhax Q&A.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    If you are on an o3ds, you could use a CFW like Cakes, disable write protection, and then update and it would remove A9LH.

However, if you do this on an n3ds, YOU WILL BRICK. arm9loaderhax corrupts the NAND partitions FIRM0/1, which isn't a problem on the o3ds as it doesn't technically have an arm9loader. However, on the n3ds, the FIRM0/1 partitions will remain corrupted when you upgrade and the arm9loader on the n3ds (now stock) will attempt to load FIRM0, see it fails, attempt to load FIRM1, see it fails, then just fail to boot.

astrangeone likes this.
  8. PECONAUT
    OP

PECONAUT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Will all my games be deleted if I switch memory cards

9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    It's the same rules as a stock system regarding swapping memory cards.