Hacking 3 in 1 problem

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my ezflash 3in1 and now got it with a pokemon emerald and save. I want to do pokemon migration with a legit card but its not working, so can you please help.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It won't work. The Diamond/Pearl rom must be patched in order to read the save data from the 3-in-1, and you cannot patch a legit cart.

You will either have to run Diamond/Pearl from a flashcart, or transfer your Emerald save to a legit Emerald cart if you want to migrate your pokeymans.

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't work. The Diamond/Pearl rom must be patched in order to read the save data from the 3-in-1, and you cannot patch a legit cart.

You will either have to run Diamond/Pearl from a flashcart, or transfer your Emerald save to a legit Emerald cart if you want to migrate your pokeymans.
I have tried with the patched rom but it says that my data is corrupted on my 3in1 so I cant migrate. has anybody else gotten it to work?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It does work. I'm guessing that you patched the Emerald rom with GBATA (or some other SRAM patcher) rather than with the EZ4 Client. The GBA Pokemon games normally use 128KB saves, but GBATA (and every other save patcher except the EZ4 Client) converts it to use 64KB saves. The save still works, but it has to be converted back into a proper 128KB save in order for the DS Pokemon game to accept it.

I posted a little guide on fixing Pokemon saves here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=533...ndpost&p=695842

If your save file is 128KB (the standard size for the 3in1 ExpPack Tool) you may need to trim it down to 64KB before you try to fix the save. You can do that with a hex editor, or an app like File Trimmer.

Once you have a proper save, just flash Emerald to NOR on the 3-in-1 with the save. The patched Diamond/Pearl rom should think it's the real thing.

Here's the patch if you need it: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=15

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does work. I'm guessing that you patched the Emerald rom with GBATA (or some other SRAM patcher) rather than with the EZ4 Client. The GBA Pokemon games normally use 128KB saves, but GBATA (and every other save patcher except the EZ4 Client) converts it to use 64KB saves. The save still works, but it has to be converted back into a proper 128KB save in order for the DS Pokemon game to accept it.

I posted a little guide on fixing Pokemon saves here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=533...ndpost&p=695842

If your save file is 128KB (the standard size for the 3in1 ExpPack Tool) you may need to trim it down to 64KB before you try to fix the save. You can do that with a hex editor, or an app like File Trimmer.

Once you have a proper save, just flash Emerald to NOR on the 3-in-1 with the save. The patched Diamond/Pearl rom should think it's the real thing.

Here's the patch if you need it: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=15
thanks i'll have to try it out tommorow though

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. If it's an .sps file you should try just importing it in VBA and then saving in-game. That might get you a proper save without going through all those steps. You will need to set the save type in VBA to "Flash 128k".

Does the save actually work in Emerald?

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody else did it and it does work but its 64kb and ever time i start it up it says that the file is corrupted and will load the last save file and it works.

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i try to save it with vba its just a 64kb file even though i change the configurations in it, and I dont know how to use the hex editior

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that "Automatic" and "Flash 128k" are selected in VBA's save type settings. Use an unpatched Emerald rom in VBA.

If you still can't make it work, just post the save (the original file) and I'll fix it for you.

pizzaman2893

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i got it to work I used ez 4 client this time. when i replaced the save it still said save is corrupted, but then i saved it restarted it and it didnt say that anymore and now it works with the patched rom. I am going to try it later with leaf green, I'll post if there are any problems. thanks for helping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.