3.51 ARK or 3.60????

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Smoker1, Sep 9, 2016.

?
  1. 3.51 ARK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3.60 HENkaku

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Smoker1
    OP

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Which would be better?
    With 3.51 I can run the Modded Versions of CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP and run the Homebrew/Hacked Arcade Roms. Not to mention my PSP and PSX Games.
    But with 3.60, can run RetroArch, much easier to run Homebrew even after Shutdown/Restart. But so far, only PSP Homebrew (Limited) can be run through VHBL. But I am not sure if any of the HB/Hacked Rom Emulators can work or not.
    Versions in question are:
    UO CPS2PSP 2.3.2 (u1)
    MVSPSP 2.3.2 Hack Bxx 1xxx
    CPS2PSP Romset Hack Bxx C (Borracho2x MOD)
    CPS1PSP 2.3.1 (Hack)

2. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    Depends what's more important to you.....playing dumped Vita games or playing PSP/PS1 games.....there are emulators for Vita...SNES one runs DKC really well (that's the only emulator i've used)....personally, i'd just get a second Vita or get a PSP if you want to play PSP/PS One games

thaikhoa likes this.
  3. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    I think a lot of those emulators won't work under VHBL. Without PSP kernel hax you can't use the extended RAM mode of the PSP 2000 onwards, and I believe CPS2PSP relies upon that.
    However, the Retroarch CPS2 emulator seems to work well. In game settings don't appear to persist but in terms of performance, Street Fighter Alpha 3 has been running like a dream.
    You'd also be saying goodbye to the ePS1 via TheFlow's bubbles if you updated to 3.60.
    There may be a way to get modern Vita emulators as .velfs, in which case maybe you want to try them with the old Rejuvenate hack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice