3.4U, WiiKey, LU31 and USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aku, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Aku
    OP

Aku Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2006
    United States
    OK, have had my Wii for a couple of years, had to update the WiiKey for Super Mario Galaxy. All has been good. Last week I bought a Motion Plus and Tiger Woods, that updated my console to 3.4U. Home Brew channel is installed and I assume working

Now it is USB loader time! Bought a Toshiba 320 USB drive and getting ready to do this. This is the steps as I understand them. If you could please look them over and let me know if something is wrong, out of date or there is a better way of doing something, I'd appreciate it.

Step 1: Downgrade to 3.2
    - Install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
    - Install cios_fix.wad
    - Run IOS Downgrader
    - Run Custom IOS Downgrader
    - Follow the prompts, install Version 3.2U

Step 2: Upgrade 4.0U
    - Install BootMii (with Home brew and DVDx, I guess)
    - Install cIOS36_rev10-Installer
    - Run Waninkoko Firmware Updater v4.0

Step 3: USB Loader
    - Run Waninkoko's USB Loader
    - Run WiiCoverFlow (???)

Do I have to install Patched ISO60? Have been reading forum and didn't know how the wiikey fits in, assume it doesn't

Edit: Ok so without waiting I jumped and did it, things happened in a different order than I had assumed, ie the first thing that happend was BootMii loaded, but none the less they are done.

I assume its the DVDx that makes my drive sound like its going to break, before that it was much quieter...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice