Hacking 3.4 Wii - big pain? Twighlight hack erases everytime?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can install the Twighlight hack on the 3.4 but it says the save erases everytime. Does that mean that I need to install the HBC everytime? Or will it install once and then I can run HBC just like I can with 3.3?

Thanks

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Yeah, it gets rid of the TP hack only. Downgrade to 3.2 if you want to be able to keep the hack on your system.

Might be a dumb question but why do I need the TP hack to stay on the wii once I install the HBC? I would figure it's only necessary to install HBC and then you're good to go so why is this an issue?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok - thanks.

One other point - with 3.4 (as opposed to 3.2 and 3.3) is it true Nintendo can auto update the fw? Also - some games force upgrades - so what happens in the future when a new game comes out and forces you to update? Will it be a cat a mouse game or is there someway around updating but playing the game?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as autoupdates. And if you're on 3.2 you can use Starfall to block disc updates. You can use Preloader to do the same thing on any firmware version.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
There is no such thing as autoupdates. And if you're on 3.2 you can use Starfall to block disc updates. You can use Preloader to do the same thing on any firmware version.

assuming though I am on 3.4 and I don't have the ability to install preloader, the only way to install is via disc. I guess I should downgrade to get the preloader ability. Wish it worked on 3.4

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
assuming though I am on 3.4 and I don't have the ability to install preloader, the only way to install is via disc. I guess I should downgrade to get the preloader ability. Wish it worked on 3.4

I'm on 3.4 and holding out for BootMii, rumored to be released soon.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what i was taught

install hbc with twilight hack first

1. use ios-downgrader
2. use ARC to downgrade to 3.2
3. Install preloader 2.8
4. install cioscorp
5. install cmios