Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after bricking my last wii beyond repair, I decided to purchase one off of ebay. This wii that I received has system menu 3.2 installed, but it was region changed from korean to US and it failed. It must have not wrote the setting.txt properly when using ARC. But there is obviously no system menu 3.2 korean, but when I use the savemiifrii method then that is all that pops up. I do have a drivekey and I have tried every single disc possible from all of CFWProphets (from ps3news) and to kitts03... (from gbatemp) to even retail game discs. Not a single game or disc will boot at all from recovery mode. I think that the system menu is confused because it is 3.2u, but setting.txt wont let any disc boot that is out of it's region. So I got a catch 22 here with the system menu and the setting.txt that won't allow any disc to load from recovery mode.

There is no keys or nand backup for this wii when I received it. When I power it on it comes to the health screen. When I press "A" it goes black and locks up. when I attempt maintenance mode it does not allow it to boot to the system menu so I know it is not a mail brick.

With my first brick I searched long and hard and decided to give it a shot with an ebay wii, I hope this wont fail me now. Thank you.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He sold you a bad Wii. Go to PayPal and ask them to help you resolve it if the seller doesn't give you back your money.

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Before you fix it, step 1 is to get to the recovery mode and make sure what's the SM is(Korea or USA?).
This console can be fixed. If you got a autorun modchip and set the chip region to Korea/USA(Depend on step one) on another WII before setup on the brick wii. Also set the autorun option on/ Block update option off.
If your chip is not support for autorun option, you can run Bootme modified disc(if the SM versioni is below 3.3V2 if should be work). Also if CIOS249 has been installed before brick, UDD disc can also be autorun in recovery mode.
If you got a autorun enabled chip, find a way to get a original game Korea/USA(Depend on step one) with update partition, choose a latest game to make sure the update version on the game disc is high than the console.
Get to the recovery mode, insert the game disc and it will pop-up a update window. Confirm to update it and then your wii will be bring back to life.

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, let me clarify. I have a DriveKey, and it is set to auto boot. I have tried every single freaking region possible with every single disc that I have burned (60+ discs). I was fully aware that this wii was brick in this manner when I bought it for only $20. I still figured it was worth a try. There is no SM 3.2k in public existence, so I can safely assume that it is really running 3.2u but it is reporting the region that it is finding in setting.txt.

The previous owner told me specifically that he was trying to region change from korean to 3.2u.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Of course if it has been downgraded from 4.x, whatever the region, then you will have a stub IOS30 if he did not restore it correctly. Did the seller specifically say what the version the system menu was before he attempted to region change as well?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If it was simply a regional mismatch then autobooting and anyregion changer disc would have worked - I assume the TS has tried this either directly or via savemiifree.

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
ocdetective said:
If it was simply a regional mismatch then autobooting and anyregion changer disc would have worked - I assume the TS has tried this either directly or via savemiifree.

Mayb will not work, cause the orienal Korea SM version mayb 3.4K/3.5K/4.0K ect. No turcha bug free ios can be used to boot the autorun disc.
Why not tried to set the Drivekey chip to Korea Region, and open region free option, try the retail disc to update the SM.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system menu will only update to its own region. it wont fix any error or mismatch in the setting.txt & system menu.

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gaojiugao said:
giantpune said:
the system menu will only update to its own region. it wont fix any error or mismatch in the setting.txt & system menu.

You comment is right. So why not try to run a Kor game to update. I think it will make sense. For example: Guitar hero KOR
Reread your reply and figure out how what you said was completely wrong.

I can not run any disc at all...period. I have tried switching my drivekey to every region and tried all 60+ of my discs (about a dozen being true retail, and not a single one will boot.

Like I said, this is a true catch 22 here. The system menu will not allow anything to boot that is not USA region (although the drivekey can fake it) but then the region listed in the setting.txt will not allow any disc to boot that is not the region listed in the setting.txt file.

Luckily I do have a 003 wii coming in from ebay in the next few days so hopefully I can do something with that since there is a somewhat workable fix for those ones.

But if anybody have any true idea of what might work to fix this wii then I'd love you all.

EDIT: Just to add in, even if I could update to a newer SM version from a disc (Which I can't since no disc at all will boot from recovery mode), it would still lead to the setting.txt's region not matching the region of the new system menu.

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, and that was a bitch to try to find. But I did try it with every region setting on my drivekey, and I also tried changing the IOS that the disc runs off of to every possible IOS that is available (hence the 60+ discs).

But if any disc was able to be booted, Wii Sports would have booted since it's relying IOS is certainly already installed, but I did try that in every region setting on my drivekey with no luck.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What disks have you been trying? Try a HBC loading disk, or a loadmii disk. You may need to mess with what ios the disk loads depending on what was installed on the wii. You probably won't have any luck loading games, but you may have luck loading recovery disks, or disk updates.

There is a 4.2k disk update you can try as a last resort, but I think you should be able to get loadmii disk to boot.

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried my best to get my hands on a korean game disc, but I was even having trouble with ebay out of all things. If you happen to know where I can get one then please PM me the link. But like I said, I have tried nearly every disc that I can think of and find. Not a single one will actually boot. And I got a savemii in the mail today, so I tried that with every disc and changing my drivekey to every region once again, but still nothing will load.

I even checked my drive with a friends wii to make sure my drive is still good and it can play any game, retail or burned perfectly fine. So I know for a fact that my drive is good and my drivekey is working the way it should.

From all of my research, this seems to be the first situation of this type of scenario that has existed. Normally with issues like this people just get opera error screens. But with this one it will goto the health screen and then show the "Press (A) to continue", and then I press "A" and the screen goes black. I even tried to leave it going all night with hopes that it needed to rebuild some files or something but it did not.

so, wtf can I do? This is driving me crazy.

Luckily, that 003 korean wii that I bought will be here tomorrow so I can take a chance to dick with that.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old thread, but try to patch the disc header of a USA game with KOR header.
QUOTE(leo.uff;571430) said:
This was a 003 bricked wii. In RM it showed 4.3 (KOR). When I tried to load korean SSBB it starts load and then wode showed "region mismatch" error. When I tried to load starfox usa (VC) it not started and showed same error. I modified the header to korean in starfox usa and it loads (usa game with korean header). I made a disc swap with SSBB PAL and fixed the brick. When I start ARC it showed a message error because region was korean and system was USA. I modified the region and save the config. All the swap was made with wode, ok? I don´t know if it will work in drive swap.
Perhaps the wii can be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1