elvis24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.
I have 3.2e with starfall patched to skip updates. HBC9, cios 247 with Back up loader v1 and the latest wiigator cios and gamma. All Home brew run of sd card
My question is simply this.
What updates would be recommended to use like tonas ios51 shop channel
A fix (When perfected) for the latest 3.4 menu
Will using these fixes remove starfall from my system.
A small explanation of these updates and fixes would be realy useful to all those like myself who are a little confused by all the update stuff on the forums at the moment.
Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Also like to thank all those who work on the back up loaders, home brew and all the related apps.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tona's IOS51 and WiiShop Channel is made so you don't have to update to 3.3v2 only to use the WiiShopChannel, and loose all your benefits of the 3.2 (like Starfall) this is recomended, otherwise you are not going to be able to purchase anything there, not even acces to the WiiShop
The lastest 3.4 has only USB keyboard support on the Mii Channel and there is an installer for it, so you can do both from 3.2 without loosing anything, like Starfall

Any other doubt??
smile.gif

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Tona's IOS51 and WiiShop Channel is made so you don't have to update to 3.3v2 only to use the WiiShopChannel, and loose all your benefits of the 3.2 (like Starfall) this is recomended, otherwise you are not going to be able to purchase anything there, not even acces to the WiiShop
The lastest 3.4 has only USB keyboard support on the Mii Channel and there is an installer for it, so you can do both from 3.2 without loosing anything, like Starfall

Any other doubt??
smile.gif

Sorry, I'm interested in this too.

For 3.3 v2, the solution was installing IOS51 and WiiShop Channel (update) ... as you indicated above
For 3.4, the solution is installing Mii Channel (update)? ... confirm?

Wouldn't new games need the new IOS in 3.4 to be playable? Isn't that what AC is checking for when booting (original)?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-Unknown- said:
ether2802 said:

Any other doubt??
smile.gif

Sorry, I'm interested in this too.

For 3.3 v2, the solution was installing IOS51 and WiiShop Channel (update) ... as you indicated above
For 3.4, the solution is installing Mii Channel (update)? ... confirm?

Wouldn't new games need the new IOS in 3.4 to be playable? Isn't that what AC is checking for when booting (original)?

Sorry if this has been answered before.
AC needs IOS38.

If a game needs a new IOS, you can just extract them from the disc with WUFE and install the new IOS wads with WAD Manager.

elvis24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, thats nice and clear. It was what I thought but am still relativley new to wii home brew so I thought I would check. My only concern was keeping starfall to be honest.
Thanks again fo r your help

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Diffusion said:
If a game needs a new IOS, you can just extract them from the disc with WUFE and install the new IOS wads with WAD Manager.

Thanks.

So where are the 'fixes' of the update lodged? I would have assumed that Nintendo would embed them in the same IOSs required for new games (going forward, such as IOS38 for AC)... or are they placed into their own separate IOS (which sounds really silly from Nintendo's behalf since it would be easy to bypass)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up