Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I've done nearly everything possible. I know I'm not burning incorrectly now.

It's just, whenever I put in the disk I get "Disc Error 324". I don't know what it means, but I just can't get it.

terakoh

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Gingy said:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I've done nearly everything possible. I know I'm not burning incorrectly now.

It's just, whenever I put in the disk I get "Disc Error 324". I don't know what it means, but I just can't get it.

Is "cIOS installer" that is needed by launcher installed successfully? I had the same problem when the cIOS installer failed with a 1017 error code and I still try to launch the launcher.

To fix the 1017 error code, I use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS249 and afterwhich I can run the cIOS installer successfully.

ja8m1e6s

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought i posted a reply not sure where it ended up so im posting it again. i have 3.1u installed hbc then tried to use cios downgrader and it just resets wii everytime. any ideas?

penone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So got the wii fit this weekend and installed it and it told me that I needed to upgrade my system file in order to play the wii and that this upgrade may "brick" my wii if i have "technical modifications" on it. Did the upgrade and wii is still working fine. Also loaded a couple of my back up games and those still work. Just curious how this is so. Any ideas?

Oh - and your YMMV on upgrading your system..

50cali

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
3.2 itself is not needed to run gamma, you can still run gamma on 3.3 or 3.4, 3.2 is just the reccomended. Starfall only works on 3.2 and with starfall you get extra protection against wad bricking, and it will block system updates from discs

alright cause my wii should be coming from ups this friday and just wanna have it ready to play my back up games
smile.gif

and so all i need to do is install twilight hack and 3.4 fix and gamma .3 to run backups correct?

keokun

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i managed to install hbc and gamma backup channel with your tutorial on my fresh bought pal wii 3.1E (France)
but there was a problem when i tried to install 3.2E with cIOS downgrader so i used AnyRegion Changer
then i installed starfall and cIOS for gamma
thanks !

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terakoh said:
Gingy said:

Is "cIOS installer" that is needed by launcher installed successfully? I had the same problem when the cIOS installer failed with a 1017 error code and I still try to launch the launcher.

To fix the 1017 error code, I use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS249 and afterwhich I can run the cIOS installer successfully.

It said that it had indeed installed successfully, but I'll use the ATD to delete IOS324, I guess. Followed by a reinstall of it?

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
can you use a nintendo Wi-Fi USB for this, i currently don't own a Wireless Router...?

gizmoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got to step 3-
+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.
and by mistake chose yes, how can i undo this, do i need to?

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now I have been working on this all week. I have the wad manager and the custom wad manager. I am trying to downgrade my system to 3.2. I have installed the IOS16-64-v257. Then used the custom to install the cios fix. Then when I use IOS Downgrader 1.0 it will read error -1 on all the ios. I have used various methods of installing the cios fix and the IOS16-64-v257. Just curious what Im doing wrong. I just want to play my backups. If there is another way that would be great.

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
musicman61554 said:
Ok, now I have been working on this all week. I have the wad manager and the custom wad manager. I am trying to downgrade my system to 3.2. I have installed the IOS16-64-v257. Then used the custom to install the cios fix. Then when I use IOS Downgrader 1.0 it will read error -1 on all the ios. I have used various methods of installing the cios fix and the IOS16-64-v257. Just curious what Im doing wrong. I just want to play my backups. If there is another way that would be great.

Ug Im starting to hate that error. Make sure you dont have any USB devices or Gamecube things plugged into your Wii. Check settings -->internet-->agreement and make sure you have agreed. Make sure that if you set your router to block nintendo, that you unblock it. Try making sure your router is close enough to your wii that you have a rather strong connection.

If all that fails I have no idea.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, well I agreed to the settings. Checked my router and everything is good there. Very strong connection. And still error -1. Damn. I also have no gamecube things in my wii. Also I was able to install the DVDx on my wii. I thought I wasnt able to do that on a 3.4 update. Am I screwed or is there a way I can play my backups on 3.4 update.

MrCapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed everything but when i go to the backup channel it just stays black if i have a disc in it sounds like it trys to read then stops and restarts reads stops restarts etc

MrCapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the thing to work this is a flawless guide I wish it noted someone that you have to use dvd-r and some burners werent supported for the booktype thing but w/e guide is hot thanks guys

2DLogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the great work put into this guide, EoC. Really helped a lot and I'll definitely be recommending it for anyone else who wants to get started hacking up their Wii.
smile.gif

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Was already on 3.2E so, i skipped to step 3, installed star fall and installed all hacks apart from, the health warning screen and BGM in the wii menu (want to keep it as authentic as possible). I got the email from EmperorOfCanada with all the files to put on the SD card. I followed the steps and selected 'yes' to the first 2 options and then no to the Wii Shop option within cIOS Installer. Then loaded Wad manager 1.3 and installed Gamma and the cIso for Animal Crossing.

For some reason now when i loaded the Wii Shop Channel i get a Error: 209800, any ideas what this is?, should i have selected 'Yes' when it asked me to install the latest Wii Shop within cIOS Installer? Also what is the point of the Gamma Backup loader program??, i can still load all my Wii Backups fine from the disk channel, so whats the point of Gamma?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol