๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
rekapo2003 said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
rekapo2003 said:
Just a small question. I am currently running on 3.1U. I've already installed HBC. If I've understood right, the "best" version is 3.2. Should I just run the "cIOS Downgrader" and let it do its magic? I've never upgraded my wii (it is chipped) Thanks for your help!

3.2 Is the best because it is compatible with starfall, which helps you prevent bricking your wii. If you do not install wads, or you dont care for starfall bypassing disk updates then it is probably necessary.

If you dont care for any of that then it is okay to stick with 3.1
Thanks for your help Emperor! So do you think I'm OK by only running the cIOS Downgrader to update to 3.2U and install Starfall? The name "downgrader" confuses me
smile.gif
.BTW, luckily I've donwloaded all the files yesterday..
yes that's all what you need , it's downgrader / updater like in your case , and you are lucky cause files gonna be off for a while for recompiling
wink.gif
good luck

so98ja

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BIG MOE said:
so98ja said:
Hi Big Moe!
Thanks for your answers
tongue.gif

In fact, when I try these 2 parts of the HBC, I always have a freeze of the wii (I need to take the power cord from the Wii and put it on to be able to restart it)
- cIOS channel installer : when I choose it, I see the screen with the warinng. I have ti push on button A, but nothing happens and my wiimote reacts as the wii is off
- install shop: I do not see the 3rd point (say no to the Wii Shop Channel)
afterwards I installed the gamma launcher channel but my backup game does not work
frown.gif
(the Wii
With any other I could use the HOME button of the wiimote to come back to the main menu
Any idea????
don't use cios channel installer , use Wad Manager v1.3 , and try your installs again from scratch , then post the result
wink.gif

I found the "stupip reason" why the cIOS installer did not work: my GC memory cards were on the Wii ! I found a french website (I'm frenchspeaking) where they advise to take the GC memory cards away from the wii, otherwise some programs do not work!!!

I spent so many hours to solve this... FRUSTRATING ISN'T IT ????

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so98ja said:
BIG MOE said:
so98ja said:
Hi Big Moe!
Thanks for your answers
tongue.gif

In fact, when I try these 2 parts of the HBC, I always have a freeze of the wii (I need to take the power cord from the Wii and put it on to be able to restart it)
- cIOS channel installer : when I choose it, I see the screen with the warinng. I have ti push on button A, but nothing happens and my wiimote reacts as the wii is off
- install shop: I do not see the 3rd point (say no to the Wii Shop Channel)
afterwards I installed the gamma launcher channel but my backup game does not work
frown.gif
(the Wii
With any other I could use the HOME button of the wiimote to come back to the main menu
Any idea????
don't use cios channel installer , use Wad Manager v1.3 , and try your installs again from scratch , then post the result
wink.gif

I found the "stupip reason" why the cIOS installer did not work: my GC memory cards were on the Wii ! I found a french website (I'm frenchspeaking) where they advise to take the GC memory cards away from the wii, otherwise some programs do not work!!!

I spent so many hours to solve this... FRUSTRATING ISN'T IT ????

Crazy! Next time I will remember to look out for this
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
A good tutorial.

Just 2 questions from me:

1) A friend has a chipped Wii running 3.1E with the latest version of HBC. If he wants to upgrade to 3.2E then he just needs to do Step 2 and, optionally, the first part of Step 3. Right ?

2) In Step 3, who say No to the Shop Upgrade ?

D

Deleted User

AdamBrunt said:
A good tutorial.

1) A friend has a chipped Wii running 3.1E with the latest version of HBC. If he wants to upgrade to 3.2E then he just needs to do Step 2 and, optionally, the first part of Step 3. Right ?

1)Yes, the cIOS downgrader works as an updater as well, so don't worry.

2)What do you mean? The last prompt? I pressed A on "No", and went back to Shop Channel, works like charm.
And plus, EoC told you not to say "yes" on the last prompt, if I am not mistaken.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
AdamBrunt said:
A good tutorial.

2)What do you mean? The last prompt? I pressed A on "No", and went back to Shop Channel, works like charm.
And plus, EoC told you not to say "yes" on the last prompt, if I am not mistaken.

Sorry, that was a typo.

I am assuming step 3 involves the "IOS51 and Shop installer", where if you want to still use the shop you have to install the shop 'fix' don't you ?

Also, in Googling for cIOSDowngrader, wiibrew.org mentions that "Custom IOS37 rev 03" is a pre-requisite which presumably will need to be installed before hand on a "untouched" Wii ?

D

Deleted User

AdamBrunt said:
afif95 said:
AdamBrunt said:
A good tutorial.

Sorry, that was a typo.

I am assuming step 3 involves the "IOS51 and Shop installer", where if you want to still use the shop you have to install the shop 'fix' don't you ?

Also, in Googling for cIOSDowngrader, wiibrew.org mentions that "Custom IOS37 rev 03" is a pre-requisite which presumably will need to be installed before hand on a "untouched" Wii ?

The Shop fix didn't just 'fix' the Shop Channel, it also fixes and installs IOS51 which comes from a new firmware update.

As for the cIOS Downgrader, as told, if you installed cios_fix using Custom Wad Manager, you won't have any problem running cIOS Downgrader.

Don't reinvent the wheel, just follow what EoC told you to do and everything will be just fine.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when installing the ios51. why should we select "no" when installing the shop channel? i already hit yes. is it personal preference? i can use the channel and not brick my wii and my backups run fine. starfall is pretty neat, now i just need to get a gamecube controller.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
As for the cIOS Downgrader, as told, if you installed cios_fix using Custom Wad Manager, you won't have any problem running cIOS Downgrader.

Don't reinvent the wheel, just follow what EoC told you to do and everything will be just fine.

It's not a case of re-inventing the wheel. The way the original post is worded suggests that people who are on 3.1E/U or earlier do not do Step 1. Since cios_fix is only installed if you do Step 1, then 3.1E users won't have cios_fix installed.

QUOTE(slaphappygamer @ Dec 1 2008, 04:42 PM) when installing the ios51. why should we select "no" when installing the shop channel? i already hit yes. is it personal preference? i can use the channel and not brick my wii and my backups run fine. starfall is pretty neat, now i just need to get a gamecube controller.

Exactly, the "IOS51 and Shop installer" is 2 seperate processes; (a) install IOS51 and, if required, 'patch' the trucha bug into it and (b) install the shop upgrade.

AFAIK doing (b) has no adverse affects on the Wii in terms of homebrewing capability.

D

Deleted User

Oh sorry, misread and thought your friend's firmware is 3.3E >__>.
Anyway, if I were who I am a few days ago (Messed up 3.2U, HBC and modchip), I would have updated my Wii, and start this tutorial from Step 1, to make sure that I ain't missing anything.

And of course, my Wii does have HBC before I did the update, to make everything just a run & install procedure

admiralsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the end it says "You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing." Which app allows me to install IOS38 and how do i install it?

TheCruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just some dumb questions but...

1. After finishing this guide, if I were to burn Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC) on a DVD disk, would it run the update (system update) or as a precautionary measure, should I run BrickBlocker?
2. I looked through compatibility threads and stuff and I was wondering does SSBB (NTSC-J) work on the NSTC Wii if I were to Force NTSC it?
3. Does scrubbed games work on it?

Hope I didn't bother you guys too much.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
TheCruiser said:
Just some dumb questions but...

1. After finishing this guide, if I were to burn Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC) on a DVD disk, would it run the update (system update) or as a precautionary measure, should I run BrickBlocker?
2. I looked through compatibility threads and stuff and I was wondering does SSBB (NTSC-J) work on the NSTC Wii if I were to Force NTSC it?
3. Does scrubbed games work on it?

Hope I didn't bother you guys too much.
IF you have 3.2 just install Starfall and no need to worry about updates anymore and no need to brickblock every ISO
wink.gif

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Soooo.. If you followed my guide and did install starfall with the options I mentioned, you will be fine. Im pretty sure gamma blocks updates anyways.

I cant answer questions on whether specific games work, however yeah I think scrubbed games should work okay.

No bother.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EmperorOfCanada said:
Soooo.. If you followed my guide and did install starfall with the options I mentioned, you will be fine. Im pretty sure gamma blocks updates anyways.

I cant answer questions on whether specific games work, however yeah I think scrubbed games should work okay.

No bother.
hey bro I found both tutorials mine and yours with the installers under other authors names and they got a lot of props for it , hahahahaha
wtf.gif
nyanya.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY