djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:
EoC recommended me to post my problem here, so yeah.

(Please don't mind my grammar typing from wii using wii remote lol)

Here's the story, My converted japenese-to-english Wii is pre-chipped and came with HBC and Gecko OS pre-installed. I just got WAD Manager and tried to install two WADs but they all failed. Then EoC recommended me to take a look at this guide.

And here is what I did

1)I updated my Wii to 3.4U
(Not a mistake, intended to)
2)Installed IOS16 through WAD Manager
3)Tried to run cios_fix through Custom WM, failed.
4)Used cIOS_249_vsumthin, success.
5)Ran IOS Downgrader
6)Ran cIOS downgrader, failed
6.1)Installed a WAD, ok.
6.2)Played with the WAD for awhile.
7)Ran cIOS downgrader, success
8)Ran cIOS installer, failed,
came error:
Installer returned -1
9)Ran Shop Channel Installer,
failed like above.
10)EoC told to get rid of IOS24911)Ran Anytitle Deleter, tried to delete IOS249, but returned error:
Failed to Uninstall ticket (No ticket?)
Error ret = -102

I got the 249 cIOS from here, Gbatemp.

Gecko OS loaded and ran fine, except Rebooter and Disaster:DoC, they failed. Starfall, when I pressed B+1, it said:
Failed
Exiting...

Current firmware read from System Menu: 3.2U
So far not even a single sign of a brick.

Before you ask, yes, I have all the WAD needed (Try to ask EoC) under the WAD folder which is in the root of my SD Card.

What should I do?

Would it help if I say that I usa FTPii to transfer files? If yes, then, yea, I used FTPii to transfer files (Even WADs)

And thanks in advance

If a step in the guide fails , then your going to have problems further on.
You need to have every step in the guide to work before you can move on .... your jumping to problems about 20 steps down the line when your real issue is 8)Ran cIOS installer, failed, .....

You need to do this again from the start and make sure you dont get any errors - dont move past a point until you can resolve that issue or your going to get a lot more problems as you move forward.

Posts merged

QUOTE(vegeta4ss @ Nov 28 2008, 10:41 AM) If I run these downgraders and stuff will I have to reinstall the gamma loader and the revision 7 ios? Or since they are already there will they stay and not be overwritten?
To be safe you will need to run it again though it should work still , but best to do a fresh install

D

Deleted User

Okay, after I started ALL OVER AGAIN (Updated teh Wii to 3.4U etc)

When I ran IOS Downgrader

A few IOS (the few final ones) it started to install showed (ret = - 1017)

Then, I restarted the Wii. Tried to run the thing again. The same error came up. Then I restarted, to my surprise, the Wii is bricked (system files corrupted).

I tried to reboot again, this time with Maintenance Mode, it load a few seconds then it showed the "brick" error.

I panicked, then a few minutes later, tried to turn on the thing again, to my surprise, it showed another message
"An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc"

Then I realised I had my Disaster inside, I ejected it and well, Wii boots fine.

Discs works fine, System Settings works fine. But the only problem is Disaster, I can't seem to insert the game without the remove disc error showing up.

as of now, my Wii is still 3.4 .

What should I do?

EDIT: Every other PAL games worked fine except Disaster. Tried cleaning the disc, still didn't resolve the problem

stokecityfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this, work straight off now playing backups without modchip.

Thanks
grog.gif

Unfraggable1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.3U, and I i installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad okay, then I tried to install cios_fix.wad, and got error (ret -1035). I then ran IOS Downgrader, and that worked okay. I'm afraid to try Starfall, since I got an error installing cios_fix.wad. Can anyone help me?

iOryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
[Homebrew channel install with Twilight Hack]
+Copy over the save file for your version of Zelda.
**NOTE If you are on firmware 3.4 ONLY, you must delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before
you copy it over. This ensures you are using the correct version of the hack. You must run Zelda right after you
copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.

Does this mean the data.bin files that are there already are for firmware 3.3? and the twilight3.4.bin is for 3.4?

I have a 3.3 wii right now, and I want to install the homebrew channel & downgrade to 3.2... Should I just update my wii to 3.4 then rename the twilight3.4.bin to data.bin? or just keep the 3.3 firmware and use the data.bin files already in the package.

(hopefully that isn't confusing)

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
iOryan said:
Does this mean the data.bin files that are there already are for firmware 3.3? and the twilight3.4.bin is for 3.4?
Exactly

I have a 3.3 wii right now, and I want to install the homebrew channel & downgrade to 3.2... Should I just update my wii to 3.4 then rename the twilight3.4.bin to data.bin? or just keep the 3.3 firmware and use the data.bin files already in the package.
No, I would never reccomend updating

(hopefully that isn't confusing)

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This guide worked perfect for my friend's 3.4 wii. Thanks for the writeup EofC, you rock.

The only thing I did in addition to your writeup was reinstall the cios for backup loader version after doing the downgrade. Apparently it didn't go on right the first time or it got uninstalled.

So is this thing safe to use wifi with now, or will it just automatically download the 3.4 update again? Or is it always going to ask to allow install?

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this tut and successfully got the Gamma channel. Great job.

I just have one problem. I tried burning an ISO of Sonic Unleashed onto a DVD-R with Img Burn, and when I went to the Gamma menu and hit "Start Game", the screen went back and then booted up the menu again. So, I put the disk back into my drive to see if I missed something. The disk was completely empty and had no ISO on it at all! Is there something I did wrong with Img Burn or what?

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the DVD via my Computer main page thing, and it said Free space: 0 bytes, Total Size: 0 bytes.

o.o What's it mean?

Edit:
Ah, think I found the problem. I put the DVD into the CD drive. Sadly, it appears that my computer doesn't have a DVD drive, or at least not one that I can find. I could have sworn it did, but I guess that I was wrong.

No gaems for me. ;_;

Edit Edit:
Wait a minute! The plot thickens! On my disk drive, it specifically says: "compact disc ReWritable High Speed", and on the other end "RW DVD+ReWritable". What am I doing wrong!? D=

iOryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dengar said:
I just want to say thank for these instructions. Worked perfectly.

I'm going to try this tomorrow, wish me luck! How long did it take you from beginning to end?

Upas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed these instructions exactly and got a backup copy of my Mario kart wii working.

I was wondering if I can use backup of PAL games. I have a US wii, bought on the first day they came out in the States. All my games are NTSC-U, but I have a friend's backup copy of Mario Strikers Charged thats PAL.

Can the Gamma 0.3 backup loader channel load the PAL game?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Upas said:
I followed these instructions exactly and got a backup copy of my Mario kart wii working.

I was wondering if I can use backup of PAL games. I have a US wii, bought on the first day they came out in the States. All my games are NTSC-U, but I have a friend's backup copy of Mario Strikers Charged thats PAL.

Can the Gamma 0.3 backup loader channel load the PAL game?

Yes it can. If it doesnt load normally, just try to load it with "Force NTSC"

QUOTE(superrice @ Nov 28 2008, 09:56 PM) hey just wondering how long does the ios downgrader take how many ios does it download

It doesnt take very long maybe a few minutes. Try to get your Wii nice and close to the router as I have seen a couple problems a result of a weak internet connection. Not to worry though, if you do have a crap connection you can reset your wii and try that step again with little worry that anything bad will happen.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it took me about 25 min following along. The ios downgrader took about 10 it seemed, cios downgrader was also at least 3-5 minutes.

----------------

EofC: in another thread I had asked if there were games that ran on 3.3 w/ gamma and did not run on 3.2 w/ gamma. Do you know anything about this?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
vegeta4ss said:
it took me about 25 min following along. The ios downgrader took about 10 it seemed, cios downgrader was also at least 3-5 minutes.

----------------

EofC: in another thread I had asked if there were games that ran on 3.3 w/ gamma and did not run on 3.2 w/ gamma. Do you know anything about this?

Dont quote me on this, but so far as I know anything that will run on 3.4 or 3.3 will also work on 3.2 the only reason most guides reccomend the downgrade is for starfall purposes. Even if you look at the Oct 23 update thread, they list the downgrade to 3.2 as optional.

Kronau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know what to say Man I guess I will Quote somone varry wise.

"You saved me!" -King of Hyrule

*bows down to my Emperor*

cooldudechand

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I did step 1 and after that when i Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel ,it says

Code:
Initializing Network, Please Wait .................. Error! (ret=-116)
Press Any Button To Restart The Wii

Please help i dont know what to do, Am just starting to learn about this stuff
Please Reply ASAP

Thanx in advance

My wifi is working alright because IOS Downgrader used it download stuff.

EDIT : Restarted Wii 4-5 times and it found the network
and now its working Like a charm
Thanxxxxx Man
And sorry for the complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far