Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MontyQ, Jan 10, 2015.
3.0 states cia needs to be 3ds for now how to convert cia to 3ds ?
from maxconsole guide on istalling .cia files on the new gw3.0
Step 1: Put your .cia manager on the root of your Gateway Red SD Card. If yours came in .cia format, you need to go back and download it as .3ds for now. Put the card back in when you are done.
all my eshop games are .cia files sooo I take it i need them to be .3ds now to install and was wondering how to convert back
That guide means that you need the .3DS version of the BigBlueMenu or DevMenu before installing the CIA of that program. If you get the 3DS of the installer program you can install all those CIAS. If you still want to convert CIA to 3DS just download the 3DS to CIA converter and you will find the option in the menu. You won't need anything else, just the CIA and the converter. It will tell you what to do
It means that the programm (which is known as devmenu or bigblumenu) to manage and install .cia files into emunand has to be in .3ds format, not the .cia you want to install. You cannot just put .cia files on an SD Card and start them like any other rom. What you can do is install the devmenu / bigblue menu in .cia format with the help of a devmenu / bigblue menu rom in .3ds format. In short, the steps are:
- Get devmenu / bigbluemenu in .3ds format
- Get the .cia files you want to install into emunand
- Put the devmenu / bigbluemenu .3ds on the micro sd card that goes inside the red gateway card
- Put the .cia files you want to install in emunand on the root of the SD Card that goes directly inside the 3DS Console
- Insert Gateway red cart and the sd card into your 3DS and boot into Gateway Mode
- Press select to launch the multirom menu and from there launch devmenu / bigbluemenu
- Press D-Pad right to select the second tab from the left
- Use the D-Pad to select the .cia file you want to install, press A to confirm
- Wait until the installation has finished, press A to confirm
- Install other .cia files if you wish to
- Exit devmenu / bigbluemenu by pressing home
cheers all for the help